SS KRAKOW in 1:400 scale by JSC No. 42

Kevin G

Excelent job! That is amazing. Cant get over how small it is. The wife was very impressed (and let me tell you she normally just rolls her eyes and nods whenever I talk to her about models). I think Ill stick to the larger stuff and leave the small stuff to you PRO'S!!!

On the ship in the bottle thing, getting the ship in the bottle is rather easy (my grandfather used to make them) getting that plane into the bottle has me stumped, I will call my Grandfather tomorrow and see what he may know about that.

Jim Krauzlis

I have to thank you all for your very generous comments and encouragement. Sincerely, the joy I get from building these little guys (gals?) is heightened when I can share the experience with all of you who are similarly afflicted with this hobby. :wink:

I'm particularly happy that you honor me by showing the photos to your significant others, and then share their reaction with me...my wife, of course, simply shakes her head when she sees me bent over at the work table, magnifying lenses on, tweezers or modeling knife in hand, prodding little bits of paper and thread into a little tib bit or other. :lol: Actually, she is very supportive and has grown to accept my insanity...in fact, she regularly encourages me and seems to enjoy seeing these little fellows come together.

I highly recommend trying one of these little guys to you all...they do go together well and fairly quickly, far faster than the larger scales, and you do end up with a fairly respectible little ship. I like to add to the basic model, but there's no magic in that, just a little extra piece of painted thread or paper here and there...oh, but magnifiers are essential, at least for me with my bad eyes. :D The attraction is the very little space the finished model takes up...so I am able to persuade my wife that making another won't hardly take up any room in the house. :wink:

Thanks again for watching, and for your very kind words! :D

Cheers!

Jim

J.L.

This is most excellent work! Built with skill and loving care! Thanks for sharing the experience.
J.L.

J.L.

This is most excellent work! Built with skill and loving care! Thanks for sharing the experience.
J.L.

Scorpio

Hello Jim my friend,

This is a wonderful work from you!
One itself wishes to see more and more of it.
simply superclass Jim!

With the best greetings
Christoph

Scorpio

Hello Jim my friend,

This is a wonderful work from you!
One itself wishes to see more and more of it.
simply superclass Jim!

With the best greetings
Christoph