SS Enterprise (Ringship from Star Trek)

RocketmanTan

My latest paper endeavor concerns the SS Enterprise. Most people remember it as a painting on the USS Enterprise in Star Trek the Motion Picture. Looking like a simple enough design, I have decided to tackle it. For those of you who don't know "what Willis is talking about", here's a photo:

Attachments

• ringship_patch_rev_sm.jpg
    ringship_patch_rev_sm.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 49

RocketmanTan

I have finished the basic pattern for the ship. I have attached some renderings below, including a non-canon "ISS Enterprise" variant. Questions, comments, and suggestions are welcome :p

Attachments

• drawing.jpg
    drawing.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 35
  • terran empire.jpg
    terran empire.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 30

sjsquirrel

Interesting subject. It reminds me of one of the world record paper airplanes in a book I have - I wonder if it will fly?

Steve

RocketmanTan

Interesting subject. It reminds me of one of the world record paper airplanes in a book I have - I wonder if it will fly?

Steve
Wow, I didn't even think of that!sign1 I threw the beta build model and it flew, oh say, ten feet. When I threw it like a football, its distance and flight slightly improved. Well, thanks a lot for the idea :thumb:, I'll be sure to include flying instructions in the instruction sheet.

--Bryan "Opposite/Adjacent" Tan

Keptin Barnes

Looks like a good start to a good kit. I look forward to more posting of it. :)

Are you going to offer the kit with both markings?

Cheers aussie
Nikita

vulcan8630

My latest paper endeavor concerns the SS Enterprise. Most people remember it as a painting on the USS Enterprise in Star Trek the Motion Picture. Looking like a simple enough design, I have decided to tackle it. For those of you who don't know "what Willis is talking about", here's a photo:
HOORAH!!!!! This was a model I was hoping would be designed! I'm a classic fan and a fan of Matt Jeffries....the early designs of the Enterprise always fascinated me....Especially this version! keep up the good work!

RocketmanTan

@ Keptin Barnes: Yes, I will include both markings, and some more not included in the previous posts.

The model is almost complete, I just need to do a bit of cleanup, and it'll be ready. Thank you all for the feedback!:thumb:

--Bryan "opposite over adjacent" Tan

RocketmanTan

One more thing, I might need a test builder, though it's not really necessary. It's just to see if anyone else who is not me can build the model based on the instructions. Any volunteers?

RocketmanTan

Absolutely I would love to give it a whirl...although loking at the post date, I can see Im a bit late,but if you dont mind Id love to spin it. Thank you.
You're not too late, I just stopped production on account of exams and other work. If you would like to build the model, just PM me your email and I'll be more than happy to send it to you :thumb:

RocketmanTan

I just finished the flying instructions sheet. For all intents and purposes, the model is complete! :mrgreen: As for my next project, it's going to be the Dark Star, from the movie Dark Star

RocketmanTan

I just finished the flying instructions sheet. For all intents and purposes, the model is complete! :mrgreen: As for my next project, it's going to be the Dark Star, from the movie Dark Star
scratch that, it'll probably be doing the 7up vending machines that moves around and shoots cans of 7up at people.