SR-2 Normandy Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by melvin008, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

No worries at all. A picture is worth a thousand words, right?

Generally in my instructions I assume a moderate level of building experience, so first time builders would tend to find some pieces more challenging than they perhaps really are.

If there are parts that could use more illustration I can put together some more step by step type diagrams and publish updated instructions. Just let me know which you find to be the confusing. This helps me make better instructions for future projects too.

2. InsaneDDay69

InsaneDDay69 New Member

the only part i find confusing is the angle on the lower wings. i just couldnt visualize it (so mine are flat lol i cheated). other than that, i see no problems with your instructions. i worked on another project before this one, a halo reach pistol. due to time and other things it was never finished, this is just my first vehicle. my problem is that i suck with small rounded parts lol.
  3. anthony344

anthony344 Member

This is how i got my upper wing like it not a1 100 percent but it close to it in your instruction.

sjsquirrel your instruction is easy to understand it perfect:mrgreen:.the only trouble was i'm not shore where to mount the upper wing to the lower hull but i found some picture of the normandy so no drama now.

Attached Files:

4. InsaneDDay69

InsaneDDay69 New Member

i may just shortcut mine if i cant get it right, and i agree about the instructions. that alot more than ive seen for anything else, the halo papercraft i had was pretty much unfold with pepakura designer and put the puzzle together. i think its awesome that you took the time to help guide people that want to build your models, says alot about your dedication to the art. every piece has been easy to understand with just a few seconds of studying, and the detail is amazing. i just want to say thanks to anthony344 for trying to help me out, and to sjsquirrel for the amazing kit.
  5. anthony344

anthony344 Member

Any time mate i try to help out as much as i can when i've done one & some trick that i learn't my self when i comes to building model.

sjsquirrel i'm starting on designing the hammerhead tank M44 from mass effect 2, i been doing 3d model for 2 months on learning on autodesk 3ds so i'm giving a crack at it & see what comes up with it. but if someone else post a thread before me, i still work on it & convert it to paper model.
  6. Kamcor

Kamcor New Member

Great work! but i have a 1 question
    Can You Create from this 3d model a framework i think You know what i mean
    thats will be easier to build and the model will be stronger.
    But thanks for this great model
  7. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

You bet

Yes, I am planning on including some internal support for this model. I have an idea that I think will work well. I will be ready for a test build of the fuselage soon.

I'm presently fine-tuning all the sections of the fuselage and the "layers" of detailing. While working on this I realized that some of the sections I created are quite small. In order to retain some details that I like, this is unavoidable, so a test build is going to be mandatory. My available time is really up and down right now so progress has been slow, but at least I can say I am still progressing.

Bye for now,

8. F131

F131 Member

I don't know if you finished this part yet, but I found that curving the paper with a small screwdriver 1st before gluing made assembling this much easier. Also, when gluing the two wing halves, I made sure the glue softened the paper enough to squish (not too hard) the halves together for a tighter fit.
    You will want to make sure there is a bend/angle to the lower wing so the top
    and bottom engines don't touch. Good luck.
  9. InsaneDDay69

InsaneDDay69 New Member

not yet, been distracted from the whole thing and now finishing 1 upper engine. thanks for the tips, i really like your build, it turned out great.
  10. anthony344

anthony344 Member

InsaneDDay69 how did the fuselarge go with the tip i told you.

here's mine that i did it looks better than the first normandy i did & i also took some snap shot from the game of our planets but they did not have the moon & the sun for complete set.

Attached Files:

11. F131

F131 Member

Excellent build!
  12. Ulysse

Ulysse New Member

Excuse me, I understand some English but I don't know where I can get the parts of this awesome normandy, can I have a link please ?

13. anthony344

anthony344 Member

hi Ulysse welcome to the forum. Here's the link from steve website where you can download the normandy sr1
  14. anthony344

anthony344 Member

Thank you F131 your build is awsome as well. I'm doing a 24" long normandy that i expand larger from the parts. i'll get some pics up later & post them in ssv normandy thread.
  15. Ulysse

Ulysse New Member

It is unfortunate that there is no pdo file
  16. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

There is now. I just added it to my downloads page for you.

17. normandy Mass Efect 2

This Easter weekend, my younger brother make a all day and night run, playing mass efect 1 and 2. He had already play them all, but it seems that the someone issued some episode expansions for the game that will decide some events/gaming options when playing the new Mass Efect3 and he played all over again! So, after a watching my brother I tought that it would be great to offer them a model of the normandy.
    So I find this one here! :mrgreen: Many thanks!

18. widget

widget Member

404 error
  19. F131

F131 Member

How do you change the scale? I would have loved to make this (a little) bigger. There is a Star Wars ARC-170 that I gave up on because some of the engine parts were too small. If I could increase the scale, I might give it another go.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.