SR-2 Normandy Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by melvin008, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melvin008

melvin008 New Member

I was very glad to see that another Zealot Hobby member has gone through the trouble to create a SSV Normandy paper model from the original Mass Effect. I’ve been looking and haven’t seen a model for the SR-2 Normandy from Mass Effect 2. I have seen it requested in the SSV Normandy thread and thought I’d take a shot. I’ve tracked down a cad model with textures and have begun to tear it down. This is where I am at this time. It is nearly there I think. The remaining work is to deal with all of the small surfaces left over. I can post the current .pdo now if anyone wants it. I will post the final .pdo once complete along with .pdf.
  2. melvin008

melvin008 New Member

Progress Pic

Here is a progress picture taken from Pepakura

Attached Files:

3. Daikhovalin

Daikhovalin New Member

Nice work! Looks big and detailed. Can't wait to build it!

SEBRET Member

Looks great so far.
  5. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

THAT is going to be an awesome model. Keep us posted, please!
  6. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

WOW! Thanks Melvin. That's another thing I can take off my to do list. There have been several requests for the SR2, so I'll post a note in the other thread directing people here.

7. devox

devox New Member

looks quite detailed at this stage, cheers!
  8. JanoNath

JanoNath New Member

Watching this thread closely.
  9. Altair

Altair New Member

Looks promising, really detailed! keeping my eye on this as well:)
  10. DarkAntzMK-II

DarkAntzMK-II Member

indeed, the Normandy II would be wonderful hanging over my desk at work
  11. blaar

blaar Member

Looks awesome, and yeah, very detailed.

Please post the PDO when you are done. I for one prefer the PDO above PDF.
  12. Vger1981

Vger1981 Member

Ok SJ, you are fired haha! Even if you want to create one with interior... :twisted:
  13. melvin008

melvin008 New Member

First Unfold Attempt

I see that there is deff some interest in this model. Very good to see some fellow ME2 fans. Sadly between work/life and a Dead Space build i'm doing I haven't been able to polish Normandy 2 up. I thought i'd put this out for now. I think that the model is a good size and more than adequate for test building and those more die hard paper peeps. I'm going to test build it myself as soon as i get some time.

Attached Files:

14. Daikhovalin

Daikhovalin New Member

Wow, melvin008... Just, wow.
    +1 to build queue.
    +1000 cool points to melvin008.

15. blaar

blaar Member

Quickly looking at the PDO I can see there are some serious difficult parts to build if not imposable, still some work to be done but thanks for the PDO.
  16. Tirick

Tirick Member

That is an amazing model; technically very accurate. I wonder if it was a resource pull from the game model.

I'd love to rearrange some of those panels, but it was saved in v3; I only have a v2 license (for now) so this'll have to be shelved for the moment.

This is a beauty ship; I like the lines of it a little better than the SR1 (although it was sad to see the SR1 scattered across a frozen landscape).

Thank you for sharing!
  17. the_flying_dragon

the_flying_dragon New Member

Mate, I love your work! The Normandy SR-2 is one of my absolute favourite ships, and you've done it justice!
  18. F131

F131 Member

Looks like this is my next build.
  19. F131

F131 Member

I've never printed out anything with this type of viewer before....will it print out individual pages? Thanks.
  20. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

You bet

Yes, it will print individual pages. Keep in mind though that this is kind of a beta release so there are likely to be some problems with it. If you build it please post any and all comments you have, or start a build thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.