Spy Copter

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by cacophony, Nov 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cacophony

cacophony New Member

I want a remote control helicopter, but do not know where to start. Hopefully you guys can help me out. Here is what I am looking for: I want a pretty good helicopter, that can turn and go up and down and hover and stuff, but I also want it to have like a 2-5 mile range from the remote. I want to hook up a small spycam type thing, that would also have a long range, so I can fly it and be able to watch it on my TV. Is there any way I can do this? I would appreciate help, thanks.
    Sam
  2. Billy N

Billy N New Member

A TWO TO FIVE MILE RANGE???? I hope you have excellent eye sight!!! After one thousand feet, it get's difficult to see.
    Do you know how to fly a heli yet?
    You should learn the basics before you go "spying".
    By adding alot of extra weight to the heli, you're going to have to make some adjustments to the throttle curve and pitch curve.
    Find some info on the 10x cameras. Do a google search.

Bill
  3. cacophony

cacophony New Member

Billy billy billy, what I wanted to do is put the spy camera on it and watch it live from my tv. Like fly it by watching it through the tv, ya know? I do know how to fly remote control helicopters, my friend has one and I know how.
  4. cacophony

cacophony New Member

Can anyone help me???????????[?]:D
  5. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

ok fo rthe 5 mile range , ui think yer screwed, the thing that would give 5 mile range is broadcastpower, which for that range im sure is restricted, if your rich mebe theres a way to hook up a satalitelink or somhting, now on the other hand i do know of a camera, i have a lil tiny remote color camera, its 7/8 of an inch by 7/8 of an inch, runs off a 9 volt, ive seen it go threw a metal frame house and about half a block on the top of my gt ate a battery in about 40 seconds, i tried designing exactly what your speaking fo i found unless you are working for some one who can give you crazy tools to use, 5 mile range and long term cam spy planes are limited to about 1000 feet, decent camera reception though i didnt elevate the reciever, and used #@$% y 9 volts, if your a jr electrician its easy to figure out extended batery life for the cam , next thing to over come is the distance, you could try ataching difeerent antenas, perhaps wire up the neiborhod with wire antenas, in all reality unless you used commercial broadcasting or repeaters or a different rsadio system all together youll spend 1000 for a good heli, 50 to 100 for the cam , 100 making a suitable power source and chargers for said power source, nother 100 improving range of reciever fr cam x$ reapiring the heli when u lose pic , and yer left spending alot to get a heli restricted to line of sight ne how cause u dont wanna thrw out the heli,, my design was called the minipatchie it was halliarous ,, i was smart and got all the systems and tested it to see the range b 4 i got the heli,,,
  6. fly_boy01

fly_boy01 New Member

Most good radios for heli's transmit safely, without obstruction, to a max of about 2 miles. If you want a video cam to transmit that far also, you'll need to get your amature radio license. You can also get modifications to extend the distance of your radio transmitter, but that also requires an amature radio license
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.