Sputnik 3

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by kk135, May 12, 2008.

1. kk135

kk135 Member

Hi group,

Have been out of the cardmodeling loop for quite a while. But I'm glad to be back.

Recently on a website from the Czech Rep. I saw a card model of Sputnik 3.
    Does anyone know if that one is still around? TIA
  2. PID

PID New Member

3. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Czech Real Space Card Models

Thanks so much for the link - I liked all the three Sputnik models, and especially, the detailed 'Semjorka' R-7 launcher model.

Bengt :thumb:
  4. jparenti

jparenti Member

Wow! Those are pretty neat. I've never even seen a Sputnik 2!
  5. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

OK, all you Polish readers; how do you know which link click on to find the download?
  6. gpw

gpw Member

Left side second violet block you find 4 Adobe pdf links.

7. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Got'em! Thank you!
  8. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

9. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

FYI at the top it gives you a language option.
  10. kk135

kk135 Member

Thanks! The one I originally saw looks to be old card model already completed, but yep, what I was looking for is one to build.
    This one looks a lot more detailed than that other one.

I did seem easy to click the english button, but at least for me the page that came up was not the same. As in the listing of the kits was not there. But thanks for the heads up for a translation of the rest of the site.
  11. jparenti

jparenti Member

I did a quick build of Sputnik 2 last night when I saw this thread. It is a simple model, but quite nice, and could be modified rather easily to include the upper stage, or to include a small dog figurine to stand in for the picture of Laika.
    I'm going to start on Sputnik 3 tonight as soon as I finish the RTGs on my Voyager model. :)
  12. gpw

gpw Member

Those Czech Sputnik 2 and Sputnik 3 models are two very nice models worth to build. Does anybody know who is the designer?

Sputnik2 - Sputnik 1.jpg
  13. wedge

wedge Member

do you mean this one?
  14. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Very good work gpw! What size ball did you use in the Sputnik 2? Wedge, is that a Maly?
  15. wedge

wedge Member

Joe , if you mean Maly modelarz , than the answer is no :) it is very simple model from ABc , I have the Sputnik 3 from maly modelarz somewhere too - it is much bigger and much more detailed. It was released after all the years as freemodel too , but i don´t know the link now:confused:
    this one :
  16. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Hi, all.

The Maly modelarz range has been pirated a lot.

Here's a link to the Polish site where these original CDs and kits are
    still available. They have the whole Modelarz range.
    Mazowiecka Wojewódzka Organizacja Ligi Obrony Kraju

You need to go right to the bottom of the page to see the old CD archive.

17. gpw

gpw Member

I used a 20mm wooden ball which I sprayed with a chromium paint (3 layers). I wasn´t able to built the original paper ball (from the kit) in an acceptable shape and I think the wooden ball looks much better.

18. jparenti

jparenti Member

That wooden ball does look much better than the one provided. Mine ended up shaped like a banana. :) I may yank the one I built out and replace it...
  19. I checked this out and have no idea what it is offering. It appears there are some being offered for as low as $5 but are they models or CD's magazines or what? I clicked on the picture and all I got was a bigger picture. There is no way I can see to buy anything. Does anyone know the answers
  20. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Unfortunately, I don't speak Czech. Info on French and German sites suggests that these are all CDs or DVDs.

The best suggestion I can make is to email for postal costs and payment details. Many firms on the web can handle English language inquiries.

Their main email is:
    just change ' at ' to @.

(I don't post live email addresses, usually, because spambots can read
    the addresses, and 80% plus of internet traffic is pure spam.)