Springfield, MA show Juice Jacks

Bill Pontin

Wished I could have talked more to the fellow running the display. Would like to have given some info. on the layout. The poor fellow running the display was three deep with viewers asking questions. Was all I could do was sneak in under the crowd and grab these pictures.

Attachments

• MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 236
  • MVC-018S.JPG
    MVC-018S.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 230
  • MVC-019S.JPG
    MVC-019S.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 239
  • MVC-016S.JPG
    MVC-016S.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 233

interurban

:thumb: Thanks a bunch for the pictures Bill.
That is a really well done electric railway. I know what you mean about him being asked a lot of questions :D
Because Traction is catching ----------on :wave:

Lighthorseman

Thanks for braving the crowds and getting these pictures - they're great. One just doesn't really see enough variety like this at shows. Well, out here, at least.

George D

Bill,
Thanks for posting the pictures. I was impressed with the layout too. I wanted to ask him how he disassembled the layout for travel with all those wires, but as you said, it was just too busy to ask any questions.
George

interurban

Hi George, I think he would have soldered a solid angle with eye holes on each of the end table poles, then like the track has a moveble span piece , so does the over head, very important to have the tension on the wire, thats the best way we found of spliting the tables.

His catenary overhead is hand made and fantastic :thumb:

Have a look at our L/O and see what we use.

Attachments

• P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 188

George D

Thanks for the info Chris and thanks for the link E Mo Ry. I read on the web site that the catenary isn't powered.

George

Iron Goat

Thanks for sharing the neat photos, Bill.... but did you notice in the fourth picture that there are two Police cars trying to pull over the Krispy Kreme Donut semi ???

Such accuracy in any layout is commendable !

Bob :thumb:

interurban

George D said:
Thanks for the info Chris and thanks for the link E Mo Ry. I read on the web site that the catenary isn't powered.

George

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
gaspgaspgasp :cry: :cry:

Another unpowered electric L/O :cry: :cry: :cry: :(

Help me :(

P S I know why he has not powered the overhead ;)