Spreading it on Newspaper

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by milenio3, May 8, 2007.

1. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Dear family.

I'm glad to announce that in a local newspaper, here in Juarez, Mexico; a news post was made on paper modeling.

The reason was the "Children's Day" on April 30, that in Mexico and many other countries is celebrated (just like Mother's day). An editor of the newspaper (called "Norte de Ciudad Juárez" - North of Juarez City), knew about my models in the city's Concorde Museum, and he contacted me, to see if models for kids were available. I said "are you kidding? There's tons of models for kids!!". So he wanted to interview my kids, and make an special newspaper section on kids, focusing on activities where families can gather together, and have a fun and educative way to spend family time.

There are some references on the article to download models - don't worry, no piracy here. The article is called "Play, learn and save - paper modeling the best option for kids and family". My boy, Brandon, is on the front page, and he and my daughter Celeste are on the inside pages, along with my wife and your humble server.

Here are the pictures of the section. I hope you like it.

2. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Very nice!!! Way to spread the word!
  3. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Viva modelismo en papel !!!

Very nice Gerardo!!! Your children look very happy!!!
    I can imagine your excitement as well, on a much smaller level...
    I was able to give some of my toys to our landscaper, a very humble Ranchero, who was previously unaware of card modeling. When I handed them to him, he asked, " how much?", I told him
    ( my wife translated) Free,from God-to me-to you!...for the children!

I now have a new best friend!!!

I do not think the editor of that newspaper could have made a better choice than you Gerardo! Well done Sir!

I don't believe the USA has a " children's day":cry:...we sure need one!!!
  4. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Thanks MOS. I'm waiting for the TV to come next, hehe, just like Hpept did a few months ago.
  5. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Wow, my friend Felipe (TWE), that sure was a real world example of "it is better to give than to receive".

Yes, the faces of the people discovering this hobby goes skywards.
  6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Very Good................ That deserves a thumbs up!
  7. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Gerardo and Family, In the news!

That's awesome news, Gerardo! In more ways than one!:grin:

It's great to finally see pictures of you and your beautiful family and in the newspaper promoting card models to boot!8)

You must be elated! How many copies did you buy???:twisted:

8. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Good Stuff Gerardo!

I hope you had a great Cinco de Mayo as well (if you celebrate it)!

It's about time that there was a regular TV show about this great hobby - or at least a program that covered various related hobbies such as paper modeling, model railroading, RC planes, cars, etc. :-D

I'm sure it'd get as much viewers at least as some of the second (and third) rate reality shows, etc. that are on now.:twisted:

9. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

That's pretty neat. Good job!:)
  10. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Thank you all for your kind words.

BY THE THOUSANDS, Russell!! Hehe. Nah, just a few, plus other the newspaper gave me, but I phone my family and friends to buy it.

Many ideas can came out of this hobby, as Terry says. There was also a "Book Fair" in the city, and I came with the idea for next year to have a booth and place some models. I have to buy many kits, though, to sell them in the fair, so people can buy them and build them.

(Any idea how can I be a promoter of paper model kits? Can I just bought kits and re-sell them with no problems? Do I need permission from editors?)
  11. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

My solution to this is designing my own! Then, I can do whatever I want...as long as my "toy" is origional to me. Tootsieman and Plank will have to be free...