Splitting Headache YES ITS A MODEL THREAD!!

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by imavingalaughaswell, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

--I know how to make it now!!!!

just joking! Glad to see it fit together though, your build must have been very accurate!

2. and maybe the design too?
  3. new puzzle

Hi folks ....

just to keep the thread active i thought i would give a view of my design process for these puzzles ....

PLEASE NOTE:- the design process i use is maybe NOT the best way to do it ,it's the way i use with my experience of the software i use ....

Step 1:-Autodesk Inventor Pro 2008:

Using a picture for reference i create the part in inventor as a .ipt

Step 2:-Autodesk 3ds Max

Import the .ipt file and then Export as a .3ds file

Step 3:- Pepakura Designer:

Load the .3ds file into Pepakura ,Unfold the part,edit the joins/flaps etc.
    save the unfolded part as a .bmp

Step 4:-Adobe Illustrator CS:

Creating a new file i then Re-Draw the part adding fold lines and tabs etc.
    save the file as a .pdf

Step 5:-Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional

Using Acrobat i can load all the separate .pdf files and merge them into one big .pdf

4. little update

little update....

i had just started the third of my puzzles,when i found a possible problem with the first two,

because of this they have been deleted from the download section on my request...

all three will be available for download shortly once issues are resolved .....

thanx all
  5. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

One question, when you are designing the parts, did you take into account of paper thickness? Because it looks to me that is that was not sorted, the puzzles might not fit together...
  6. Sabah08

Sabah08 New Member

Hello :)
    So i have been trying to figure out how to solve this splitting headache puzzle. I was hoping to find help here. If someone could possible inbox me i would really appreciate it. Please and thank you. the only reason i felt inbox would be right is just in case some one doesn't want to see the answer here.