Splitting Headache YES ITS A MODEL THREAD!!

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by imavingalaughaswell, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Laugh's Puzzles

Hi folks,i knocked this up overnite ,

would like to see one completed and solved ...

post pictures lol.

Link Removed...

Pictures Removed
  2. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

I LOVE these types of puzzles!

Nicely drawn and thanks for the suggested order to glue the tabs. Makes it easier to build for me!

Best Regards,

3. I'm just working on the next puzzle...

Its gonna be bigger and more challenging..

will add it to this thread once completed later today...
  4. sneak peak

here is quick pic of my next puzzle project ...

will be ready for final release later on today...

Attached Files:

5. Chuck Puzzles

As promised earlier......

Here is my second paper puzzle...

Chuck Puzzles

Link Removed

Enjoy building and solving ......

more puzzles to follow soon
  6. hmm no comments?

does no one have comments?
  7. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I've tried building similar puzzles (and I will again when I get cought up on the partial builds I have now)

Sadly, my skills in folding are lacking for these. While I know they should, my versions never fit together.... :(

But I will try again. You can't learn by not trying, and I love these things. And, even better for me, I finally work with folks who think this paper model stuff is cool....
  8. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Great!! Now we only need a way to make them last... :D
  9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Getting these uploaded to the downloads area right now!
    I have the wooden version of the first one - its sits in my drawer unassembled ;) I stink at these things but my coworkers pick them up from time to time and try!
  10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

They have been added to the toys section. :)
  11. thanks

thanks for sorting the downloads out.. at least they are easy for all to get now

rapidshare links removed
  12. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

I have the nine pieces assembled, now I have to get them to go together to make the cube. I'll check back in a few months. :p wall1

Attached Files:

13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Those all look nice and square! One up on anything I can do :) I am really looking forward to seeing someone do the super chuck :)
  14. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Nice! I'd love to hear how the assembly goes :D
  15. WOW....someone actually posted a pic of the parts...

i guess i designed them correctly lol

By the way i never did a test build lol

oh if you need the solution for the puzzle its on the net ..thats where i got it from!!!
  16. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

I'm gonna try to fry my brain to solve it before I go to the net. It is more fun and it gives me an excuse for the blank stares I have during the day. "I'm thinkin' about a puzzle, don't worry." :mrgreen: :p

The parts went together very easily. The numbered tabs and different colored lines really helped in making sure the pieces ended up in the right shape, especially those last few. :thumb:
  17. update

Following on from my first two puzzles , over the next few days/weeks i'm working on some more ,

i hope to see some more pics of built and completed puzzles..

A Question for SCEtoAux:-

You posted a pic of your 9 pieces of the "splitting headache" puzzle,on the picture i see "lines" in the print that should not be there? ... is that your printer? or my design?
  18. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

It is the printer. I used the economy setting for the print and lines usually show up on solid color sections of models and such. Didn't see any need to use up a bunch of ink on it.

A question to you about the model. You stated that you have not done a test build on the cube using those parts. Are you sure it is doable? A friend has a Soma cube that has only 7 parts, not 9. None of those 7 parts have half cube sections.

19. the parts were copied from the original wooden design(original pic on first post) ,, so yes its is doable
  20. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Mickey Fickey! I figured the freakin' thing out. What a devious little piece of work. hamr :roll1::mrgreen:

Sometimes a whole is greater than the sum of two parts, sometimes a whole is less.:yep:tooth1

Ya gotta think outside of the box, don't rely on strict rules and logic, and wear a tight fitting cap so you don't pull yer freakin' hair out. :p :mrgreen:

Thanks for the challenge. It was fun and frustrating. :thumb: :)

Before I figured it out I was a bit unsure of whether I should post a picture of the completed cube thinking that it would give away too much, but the solution is so devious that the picture just shows a cube.

Attached Files: