Spitfire Mk Vb (K.A. 1/2005)

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Laszlo, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Those flaps are very good work. I've been thinking about how to accomplish something like that (scratchbuilding it), and it is not easy to figure out a good way. You really succeeded.

Not to detract from your considerable accomplishment, but in order to get it right if and when I ever attempt something like that - did the flaps really come out all of 90 degrees (or close to it, as it seems from your model)?

2. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Leif, I think Yes. On the pictures I've used to installation of those flaps, they was opened very wide. Maybe not exactly 90 deg. but maybe a little less. I don't know exactly technical data of Spitfire airframe, but I think I made it properly. Of course it's possible I'm wrong, but I will leave it just like it is now.
  3. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Thanks Laszlo, good to know! - L.
  4. J.L.

J.L. Member

My goodness, this is top drawer! A true labour of love.

5. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

This is the end.
    I've finished my Spit. I'd like to apologize You, because i didn't show You a pictures of propeller and other small details building. But it's very visible on photos below.
    So, have a nice watching.

Thanks for Your attention and comments.
    Best regards.
  6. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

An absolutely beautiful build, Laszlo! :D

One can almost picture being next to the real thing in a lot of the photos, fine attention to the small details that make this model stand out. How did you feel about the weathering the kit includes, from the photos it looks extraordinary and well done, but in person, so to speak, how does it look? The cleanliness of your build is a true inspiration, I only wish I could build something half as good as this one came out!

I have one question, maybe I should have asked it earlier, but then again I seemed to have missed the beginning of this build; I noticed the bottom of the landing gear wheels is somewhat flattened. I had never noticed that on other builds before and it gives the impression of the weight of the aircraft being impressed upon the wheels, very nice and interesting effect...was that your intent?

I would love to see this model photographed in a scene with the airplane sitting upon a typical grass field from WWII and I bet you would swear it is the real thing!

Thanks so much for posting all the photos and for sharing your build of her...what's your next project...maybe I'll be able to follow it from the beginning this time! :wink:

7. barry

barry Active Member

Could not agree with you more Jim that plane looks heavy and sits right superb build.

8. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Thanks a lot Jim.
    Of course, wheels' flattening is was my intention.
    It makes the wheels looking more real. True wheel never looks as perfect circle, when You put some force onto.
    Thanks once more.
  9. bholderman

bholderman Member

Wow, this is why I don't do aircraft. All my starts go down in flames, then to top it, I have to see work like this.

10. Prowler901

Prowler901 Member

Incredible work as usual! :) Thanks for sharing the build. And I must agree with Jim. If you photographed it outdoors it would be real difficult to tell the difference between it and a real one. AWESOME!

11. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

I think this is the most beautiful paper aircraft model I have seen yet, and I am most envious. Congratulations! - Leif
  12. Walts

Walts New Member

Hi Laszlo,
    I am speachless!!!!!!!!!!!! That is one BEAUTIFUL model, please excuse my greenness i am a complete novice, still waiting for my first two models to turn up. But have you added a lot to the basic kit to achive these results, or do these kits actually come with this much detail ready printed?
    Kind regards,
  13. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Holy Smokes, If the A6M2 build didn't make me feel like a caveman in my efforts, this one puts me back a further millenia. I'm with John on this, 3 lifetimes wouldn't give me the skills to do this! Excellant museum quality work! Sorry I missed this thread earlier! Wowsers!!!
  14. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Laszlo, I can't even dream of matching your level of skill. Absolutely beautiful build of one of my all-time favourite aircraft. Thanks so much for sharing your work with us.

Steve the humble,
  15. ETaylor

ETaylor New Member

I don't know how the pefect detail was achieved! Did you touch up the contact points with paint to get that prefect look, or are you just that amazing?
  16. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

A flawless build. :-o
  17. josve

josve Active Member

Stunning report!!
    What a beautiful build!

Can I ask who the publisher is?
    I now have to get that model myselves :)
  18. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Johnny........... I believe it Halinski............. K/A 1/2005

And this is the most amazing build I've seen..................
  19. ETaylor

ETaylor New Member

that is a Halinski. I'm getting it for Christmas for sure!:twisted: