Spirited Away Aburaya Papercraft Book

Discussion in 'Off Topic - Card Modeler Lounge' started by goodduck, Oct 4, 2012.

1. goodduck

goodduck Active Member

I just dropped few thousands on a new laptop. I'm out of money. Can someone buy this for me, please! I did said please!

Holly cow! $610.00 for a papercraft book, sale price! And I thought my How's Moving Castle book was going up the roof at $300. Even if I have money, Noway i will drop 600 bucks on it.
  2. treadhead1952

treadhead1952 Member

Well gee Allen, I'm glad you said it was a "sale" price, like that makes all the difference in the world.

That sounds awful close to the way my last Ex Wife used to phrase things....:mrgreen:

I suppose they won't have to sell too many to make a profit.
  3. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Wow, I guess the U.S. dollar really has tanked!! Maybe they put the decimal in the wrong place? Maybe the Bathhouse really works!!

It is one of my favorite films though. I was wondering if someone made the house. This will be scanned and put up on the web. It will be pirated, at that price, it's almost guaranteed. I obviously don't promote piracy but I don't know anyone who can justify that kind of expenditure. :)
  4. Wojtee

Wojtee Member

The prize is crazy, but it is not likely this would be pirated - it is pre-cut with laser from colored paper. That would be as complicated to scan/copy as to process it to a "normal" scanned papermodel.
    You can see that on the "Zeniba house" with the Railway, which is a sweet model, too. Still pretty much out of my reach, but I like the train very much (and the train scene from the movie is very eerie, but still beautiful).
    link to the image:
  5. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I would like to see one of these built and see how much it covers. That movie is so fantastic, maybe this is worth it?