Spiderman's Back!! Oops, I mean Black.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Nov 8, 2007.

1. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Hi skip, Yes I've got a bit more done. I will post a photo later on.
  2. Perry

Perry New Member

Also I have been working on him. I was worried about the difficulty ( never built a "man" model ) but, as someone else said, it is nearly perfect. I'm building the classic style.

First image: [​IMG]

second image ( yes,... he's sitting on a borg cube :mrgreen: ):
  3. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Thats a very big 'spidey'. He's sat on a borg cube.
  4. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Nice build so far. With mine I've forced more definition into his back and chest to give more muscle tone. When the paper was softened from the glue I gave him more defined pecs and shoulder blades. Pointless now though as they're not showing up in the pics.

Be good to see your Paul. I'm just finishing off the left arm. Then onto his legs!
  5. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Spiderman's butt on a borg cube. There's a joke in there somewhere. :)

Kudos to both of you on the fine job.
  6. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Todays work.

I watched the film yesterday, I see what you mean about the glossy black spiderman. I think it would be a nice idea for someone to build a black version using glossy photo paper and putting the build in this thraed with the others builds. I may have a go myself when 'red' is finished, if no one else has started it.

Anyway, no more progress on him tonight, I want to get on with the 'E' bridge for a couple of hours.

Attached Files:

7. Master-Bruce

Looks real good Paul. Nice clean build too! Unlike mine. sign1 I keep getting glue on my fingers from nowhere! No matter what I do it just gets there! wall1 :)

I'm hoping that my clear coat will do the job for a semi gloss. We'll see soon enough. I've done the rest of his opther arm and his butt. Note Paul: Once all his torso parts are done, the remainder of his backside is done in two parts. Left and right. Glue these to each other before adding to the body. When I dry fitted these parts it seemed like the more logical way, and cleanest.

Here's my progress, the second shot should show off the back detail I tried to force into the model. Look at the spider on his back and you may see it. I hope. I'm happy with this area the most. The arms look a little wrong, like not quite right for human arms. I'm not sure if this is me or the model. I am my own worst critic though.

8. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Looks good. I have don't have a fold in his back, and yours looks better with it in. Thanks for the tip about the his butt.

I am not looking forward to making the fingers. I might let the niece have a go at doing them, smaller fingers.
  9. Master-Bruce

LOL. I didn't mention it earlier but that's another reason why I'm leaving them til last. :)
  10. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

An update

Just so the thread keeps up to date. My progress on spiderman. I was hoping to finish him for tomorrow, nephews birthday. I don't think that is going to happen, to busy.

How's everybodys builds coming, anyone finished yet.

Attached Files:

11. Master-Bruce

I've done a hand and now doing the legs. The legs are a potch! As are the hands, still, it's getting there. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow.

Yours is looking good buddy. ;)
  12. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Just a quick update.

Attached Files:

13. Master-Bruce

Looks good Paul. :) Did you have trouble with the legs too?
  14. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Yes, the legs are horrible. Although they look worse in the photo, because he has fallen onto his side.

I am not looking forward to the hands and fingers. I want to get spidey out of the way now, so I can have some time for the 'big' Enterprise project.
  15. Master-Bruce

Yeah, I had trouble with his thighs. Haven't done the shins yet. The hands aren't that bad to be honest. They're small so fiddly, but not hard as far as fitting goes.

Yes, yes. That Enterprise is going to be a challenge and a half!