Spiderman's Back!! Oops, I mean Black.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if it's been brought here but there are some great Spiderman models being developed at Le Forum en Papier :: Voir le sujet - Création Spiderman Le Forum en Papier.

I've downloaded them and they look great! There are currently 2 poses available in both classic red and blue and the new black spiderman.

I wanted to build one because I like them and because I need some figure practice for Kezn's forthcoming Batman model. As this was a practice build, I printed this quickly and using only black ink. I was expecting this to be hard so I tried to conserve ink. I regret that now as the model is great and going well so far. I wish I'd printed it properly so I could get it in the gallery.

The models come as PDO's so I scaled mine up a bit. It's around 1:6 scale now.

I started with the head as it seemed the most logical place, then work my way down his body. I'm also not scoring the folds in an attempt to make him more smooth or lifelike. I'm using 120gsm paper instead of my usual 160gsm.

Here's where I am so far:

Like my mug? LOL!

Feel free to comment or question. :)
  2. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Nice. After I get done my uber millenium falcon I'm gonna try something a little easier like this just to let my nerves calm down a little. :mrgreen:

You got a batman mug, too? :thumb:
  3. cool might add him to m build list also hope nobody thinks hes a novilty lighter lol then he will be officially black
  4. Master-Bruce

LOL! I thought it'd be a better use than lighting a cigarette. ;)

No Batman mug I'm afraid. :) Though I'll need to get one for when that model is released eh?

I've done some of the chest too since my last post. Need to take your time here so that the arms attach properly. I'll be back later with more pics.

Thanks for the compliments guys.
  5. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Snap, sort of.

I dicded to build the red upside down version first.

Started 3 days ago. Far to many good models out there (only kidding, I'm loving this mad building period), I think I've took too many build's on at the same time. Sleep, whats that.

Attached Files:

6. Master-Bruce

Snap!! LOL!!

How weird is that?! We have a Spiderman build off. :)

Nice job Paul. You are a busy boy aren't you. :)
  7. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I think you will finish your first, I'm not in a hurry to finish him. He's for my nephew's birthday on 16th nov', so I've got a while yet and more important builds.

I like the idea of make him bigger though. I saw a resin 1/12 scale model yesterday, £100. I don't think I will be getting that.
  8. Master-Bruce

£100? Doesn't sound too bad, though still too steep for me too. :)

I'm hoping to get thuis done soon. My girls love "Old Webhead" so I've told them that he can go up on their ceiling. They keep asking me where his legs are. LOL
  9. Master-Bruce

He's coming along now. Got the chest, back and shoulders done. The shoulders are real tricky. For me anyway, there are no instructions for this and the PDO isn't much help when it comes to the armpits. I just had to feel my way round and go with what worked. Lots of touching up with the black pen. :)

It's looking good though, the white seams don't show up as much in person as they do in the photo.

Off now to do his crotch and butt. Ooh, cheeky! LOL
  10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Looks great! THanks for the pics :)
  11. Master-Bruce

Thanks Chris. People say that to you a lot!! LOL

I'm juggling a few balls here, building this, building the Olympic Carrier and texturing the X-Jet. I'm running back and forth to each one trying to make progress. LOL

I've just updated the X-Jet thread so now it's time to do some more on Web Head, then back to the Carrier.

All good fun though. :)
  12. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

Spiderman builds look great

Hi all,
    I have to say this is a definite MUST BUILD! I have got to get a hold of a Superman for my son-in-law though.

Guys, the builds are looking fantastic. The artwork looks to hide the seams nicely and I love the way the lines match up between adjoining parts. I think the designer did a superb job and you 2 are proving his model to be first rate.

It is very interesting that the 2 versions are being built simultaneously- good for us to see the 2 versions.

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us!

Best Regards,
    Ron Caudillo
  13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

It keeps you from getting bored doesnt it! I cant recall the last time I was bored..... and the darn kids area always whining about being bored ;)
  14. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Looking good Skip.
  15. Master-Bruce

Thanks very much fellas. :) I'll probably do the standing version next. Superman would be awesome for me, I'm a huge Superman fan so would love to get my grubby paws on one of those.

You're right Chris, I can't remember the last time I was bored. The kids moan, the wife moans. About being bored that is, I just say to get a hobby. Papermodelling may be seen as somewhat dorky by some but at least we're never bored. I love this hobby.
  16. afcgooners

afcgooners New Member

Wow thats great. definately too hard for me to try though!
  17. Master-Bruce

I thought so too. I've never done a real figure model before except for Piromodel's animated Yoda. That was cool.

I thought this would be a disaster which is why I didn't print it properly. Thought I'd treat this as a practice run. It really isn't was hard as I thought. The parts are laid out so that they're in a sort of build order. Plus the PDO is helpful for the most part.

Try it, you may be surprised. The model is surprisingly strong too as it goes together, each part reinforcing the last. I thought 120gsm would be too thin but it's just right.

I'm currently doing the arms now that his torso is done. I'll have new pics later today. :)

Paul, any new pics of yours? It'd be nice to see how the red and blue Spidey is going. :)
  18. afcgooners

afcgooners New Member

Hmmm. I'm tempted so I might try it. I'll wait and see how you guys get on first! It's not as if I havn't got about 50 other models on the go to finish.
  19. Master-Bruce

Go for it. I'l have some pics in an hour or so of his upper body and arms. Hands though I'll be leaving til last. I want to have some wire or thread coming from his wrist so that when I suspend him from my kids ceiling, it'll look like his web his holding him there.
  20. Master-Bruce

Ok, I didn't get to put the other arm on. Wife all my work space(the kitchen) trying to cook dinner!! How rude! LOL

I was a bit sloppy with the glue on the arm you see. Though I'm not to worried as in the movie, Venom Spidey is a bit shiney so I figured I'd spray him with some acrylic clear cote to protect him, give him that shine, and to hopefully cover up my mistakes..

I'll get the other arm on later. :)