IMG_2462.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2463.jpg
    IMG_2463.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 16
Z

Zathros

@Clif, thanks for the link!!

@Aux, excellent build!! I think Human figures are the hardest thing you can build, and you have done a great job with with Spiderman! :)

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Feb 8, 2004
Davenport, Iowa
Very nice! I have been wanting to try to build figures like this for a long time but had been uncertain about a few things. I especially like how the fingers are formed. What type of paper did you use? How did you form the fingers?

Thanks for any other advice!

Best Regards,

Vortex_4200

Jun 17, 2008
Oklahoma
Very nice! I have been wanting to try to build figures like this for a long time but had been uncertain about a few things. I especiall like how the fingers are formed. What type of paper did you use? How did you form the fingers?

Thanks for any other advice!

Best Regards,
I was wondering about the fingers myself....

Aux

Jun 27, 2012
Sorry,

somehow I did not get informed about new posts in this thread. Fortunately, I randomly looked inside today.

So, about the spiderman model:
- In fact, I found this one very easy to build after printing it out. It could be best built by starting with page 1 which is the head and going in increasing order to the last page. And with each page start from top and work to the bottom. The pdo file is very helpful so you can see the right positions of each piece.
- The pieces are big enough to handle well. Even the arms and legs are huge enough to put a finger inside for making pressure while glueing. Because of the very good model the parts form the body nearly without any special tricks
- The fingers and feet are the last parts of work. But in my opinion even the fingers are not too complicated. You just need time, dont glue in a hurry. I used a small pencil for the first roundings but it would go even without it.
- I used 120 grams paper as for most of my models. It is not too thick to form even small parts but it gives good stability to a finished model.
- 80 grams is really too light, the paper breaks often when glueing and it is just a mess. I could only imagine to use it with very very small parts, when 120 grams does not work.
- I also used 160 grams for other models but scissoring it is aching my finger very fast so it is too heavy for me. And I am faster and more accurate with scissors than with a cutter and I use the latter one only to make holes and cuttings inside a piece. Drawback of 160 grams is its thickness which means u see the white cut areas in the model after all. So I use 160 grams really only for stability purposes as for the bottom of my time machine.

Aux

Jun 27, 2012
Nice to hear that u like the work. In the moment I am preparing to build the Black Pearl from Uhu. Maybe here it is time for 160 grams anyway :)

But i am frightened about the ropes of the Black Pearl. It will destroy many of my nerves I expect. It looks so complicated! But what should I say. Even the longest journey begins with one single step.

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Feb 8, 2004
Davenport, Iowa
Thanks for helping out with your tips and tricks!

Even though I have been building for a while, one can never know it all and I like to learn new things.

I understand about using the thinner paper for the smaller parts, I had thought that may be the secret. In addition to be formed easier, it has the added benefit of being able to hide the seams better. Even though I color the seams, they still can stand out unless you use joining strips to edge glue the parts together.

Thanks again for sharing and I wish you much success with the Black Pearl, a favorite of mine! If you do make one, you'll need to consider making the model of Jack Sparrow too!

Best Regards,