Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by Toguro, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Toguro

Toguro New Member

Hi all! I just started drifting this week. That stuff is crazy! Anyway...I have a problem and I need some advice. I have a Traxxas 4-Tec and I am using tapped tires. If your familiar with the 4 tec you know it has a mechanical speed control. At first I got my car for racing, but I also want to drift. Im thinking about the gt7, quantum competition 2, novak dually, and a brushless system. I hear the brushless has great torque but lack speed. Is that true? What other problems have you guys had with these speedos? Thanks!
  2. migoreng

migoreng New Member

brushless got shietloads of torque...i left 1 metre of foam tyre with a tl01 when dragging the v-oneR nitro car...i floored it off the line.
    lol...i lost...nooooo. but i beat a v-oneS by around a metre, 40metre drag.
    i had gears tuned for maximum speed...and i still left tyre marks.
    my BL ss5800 is 5800rpm/v...so thats like 40000rpm...10T motor...and acceleration will depend on how good the batt is...a better battery will put out more power faster i think, and the car should seem faster.
  3. driftsleeper

driftsleeper Member

i think you should go for the novak dually. it has good pricing and it can handle turns all the way down to 12T (i think...). this ESC a good all around use for drifting and competitive racing. for drifting, you should use a 27T high torque motor which the ESC can handle real good...and plus your mechanical speed controller will burn out eventually.