Speed of RC10GT rtr

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by bandit1, Oct 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bandit1

bandit1 Member

im lookin to git a RC10GT for xmas. I wa jus wonderin wat the speed of it was, totally stock. n for past n pre-owners of it, how do/did u like it? thanks
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well I don't have 1 but it goes about the same speed at a rustler 35-40sh. It depends on some stuff tho like needle setting, fuel and all but if the settings are tuned for speed and furl is around 20% so about 35-40 :)
  3. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

i have one and i think its great! its actually for sale in the sale forum
  4. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Justin how fast did urs go? was I right?
  5. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Um im not sure, 35-40 sounds right, it goes pretty fast
  6. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Use the speed calculator on my site. It is really close +/- 2mph. Yes i tested it. Anyway you will need to use the number of teeth on your gears in the diff/tranny and you will need to know the rpm of the engine/motor you have. Its easy to figure out so check it out.

www.youbetnet.com/~rockn82
  7. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well bandet1 doesen't have 1 so its kinda hard for him to do it and also for Justin to do it his engine is old so it probly wouldn't get the right read outs. Best bet is to check associated and see what they say for speed.
  8. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Bandet doesnt have what? and if the engine is old how is associated gonna help?
  9. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ok bandet doesent have a GT so he can't do the program to figure out the speed. Also with a older engine it wouldn't have the same performance of a brand new 1 which bandit I belive is gonna be doing. I was saying to look on associated site because they should list the speed for the gt, and that should be close to the speed it will go brand new.
  10. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

ah i see. Check out my calc and see what you think. It will give you a speed regardless of vehicle and engine. *except for monster GT, Maxx, Savage, Genesis, Basically monster trucks. You just have to kinda figure out what your tooth counts are and be close in RPM it dont have to be perfect.
  11. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ok, well im out for tonight take care
  12. redheat

redheat Member

The trick to making the Gt rtr go fast is t o remove the carb. restrictor and reset the H/S, RED
  13. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ok, I diden't know that they came with 1. I was thinking 35-40 stock (with out 1 since I diden't know they came with 1) Was I close RED?
  14. bandit1

bandit1 Member

well, do u all think that the x cellerator by XTM is a batter choice???its 240 rtr and it goes a little over 50mph stock. i'm starting to lean towards that.
  15. zdoc

zdoc New Member

My rc10gt is an awesome car. It has never let me down in the year that I have had it. One thing I will say though is make sure u use loctite the screws especially for the pullstart. 2 of mine fell out the 2nd day so I loctited the other 2 and haven't had a problem with that anymore.
  16. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well its chaper then a gt, and looks to go faster then 1. I never saw 1 of those yet...
  17. redheat

redheat Member

DJ, that speed question is one that varys ,I would say that your close . The key to making your RTR GT go fast is removing the restrictor and dropping the spur to a 66t, I was surprised at just how fast that AE .15 stock engine really was when I did those simple mods. The sad thing is is that the engine dont last that long before they go south , I had a main bearing and piston rod break, still would like to get it going but the bearing it's self is 30. bux about what the P/S cost, RED
  18. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

wow that sucks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.