Special thanks...

NCMRailroad

Hi Everyone...
I would like to say thank you to the Gauge and the people in it that have helped me along the way. I live in a city of aprox. 100 000 ppl and out of that there are only a hand full of people that are interested in the hobby. Sad really. Anyhow, Thier are also some people who are involved with the club that seem to have a phobia (I swear!!) about helping others less knowledgable than they are. (That's about as far as I am going to go with that perticular topic.) I would think it is pretty lonely up there on thier ivory train! (tower)
Anyhow, that only - as I see it, makes up for less than 1% of everyone else.
In closing I would like to tilt my glass in a toast to The Gauge and wish it many more years of EXCELLENT service.

Best Rgd's
NCMRailroad :thumb:

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Here here!!! I totally agree! If I may piggy back on your thread with an addition of my own - I was just thinking of writing a thread along these lines and I too would like to extend my thanks to those on The Gauge. You see, I am a stay at home dad to two very young boys and pretty much all of my adult interaction happens right here (so please don't act childish... I get enough of that right here at home!!! J/K:D ). My wife (who is very open minded when it comes to my trains) is just starting to understand that I am not uselessly surfing the internet for hours on end but instead, I have the equivalent of several hundred pen pals from around the world that I converse with. Thanks all.

MilesWestern

This is by far THE best site on the net, HANDS DOWN. I check it everyday when I can, it's the best railroad education I've ever recieved! CHEERS to the bestMRR forum in the HISTORY OF THE INTERNET!aussie

Jim Krause

I'll add my comments about the gauge. It has to be one of the best organized and operated sites on the internet. I really appreciate the messages about threads that I write to. Makes it easy to keep up with things without constantly going back to the main site. The best thing about The Gauge has to be the folks on here. I belong to a local MR club but our membership is dwindling due to age and lack of interest. The club doesn't meet in the winter because so many people head South. I called a fellow member at his cell phone number the other night to get some info on rock castings and he told me he was in Provo, UT and heading south to AZ for the winter.
sign1

NCMRailroad

MilesWestern said:
This is by far THE best site on the net, HANDS DOWN. I check it everyday when I can, it's the best railroad education I've ever recieved! CHEERS to the bestMRR forum in the HISTORY OF THE INTERNET!aussie
I'll second that motion!!aussie :thumb:

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
........ Just keep in mind that, it's the members of The Gauge, that make it, what it is... Without the caliber of members we have, we would not be a great railroad forum....

~~~ Thanks for your kind comments, we do appreciate them ~~~​

steamhead

Hear, hear...!!

I second all the positive comments made about The Gauge, but particularly wish to extend a geat "THANK YOU" to all the moderators & techs that keep this outstanding site "on track"...:thumb:

ezdays

Out AZ way
You are welcome Miles. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I get one heck of a lot more out of this forum than I can possibly give. It's the members that make it what it is. I always feel good to know that there are others that appreciate this group as much as I do. So members, take a bow.
365.gif

doctorwayne

Jim Krause said:
It has to be one of the best organized and operated sites on the internet.

I agree with all that have posted here. The people here are both helpful and encouraging, and there's not a lot of "attitude". As Jim notes, it's also a well-organized site, with a great bunch of moderators, too. Thanks too to Peter T. Davis, the site creator.

Wayne