Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by rickstef, Dec 2, 2006.

1. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Hi all,

I want to remind everyone, DO NOT Respond to any spam message.

Just hit the post reporting button, and Peter and I get the message and we will remove the post and ban the user.

Any reply to a spam message is just encouraging the spammers.

If you want vent, offer suggestions, post it here, do not do so in the spam message.

2. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

only one kind of Spam is good...sliced thick, fried to a crisp, and served with Bush's Baked Beans!...:twisted:
  3. Texman

Texman Guest

Yummy call TWE! Spent many meals that way.

4. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

The only useful Spam. Just stay away from the smoked flavor spam. Original is best.
  5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

...and Jiffy corn bread and fried taters!!!

6. rickstef

rickstef Guest

That is all true, but does anyone have an idea to deal with spammers?

7. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

A long drop on a short rope?

8. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

I'll second that... :grin:

Seriously, I think that other what we're already doing, there really isnt much we can do to stop them. Even if you required a confirmation email from an admin for membership, they could still creep in. Still, that much extra trouble might be enough to kibash most spammers. That's about the only thing I can think of though. :???:
  9. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I heard that 75-80% of all spam comes from 7 people.

Thats sick. I also heard one guy has been caught in the EU and the penalty is pretty high $$$$.
  10. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

I have to admit, I hop all over it the second I see it... and my finger goes right to that little red triangle in the top right corner!

Just protective of the site, I guess. I've been on alot of forums, and this has to be the nicest community of hobbiests I've ever ran across.

I love you guys!

11. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

I second that ekuth. This is really one of the cleanest forums I've ever seen. Not just the relative lack of spam, but topics, language, niceness of the people, encouragment of newbies, and so on. Just a great place to hang out.

12. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

What to do with spammers? Hmmm. Anyone remember the Film Soylent Green? We could have spammerspam!

It would taste putrid, though. Forget I said that.......

Tim P
  13. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

mmm, soylent spam
  14. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

Ever heard of it? It's an annual festival in Austin celebrating all things Spam (the meat product). There's a Spam Toss, a cook off and much more. The cook off gets pretty interesting, some people get funny with it and some take it very seriously. Gourmet Spam anyone?
    Keeping Austin weird.
  15. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Those are 2 words you never expected to see in the same sentence!

16. Gil

Gil Active Member

Spam is an acronym for "Spice Ham" and is very popular in Hawaii and South Korea..., Ever had Spam Sushi?

17. hpept

hpept Member

I suggest a long drop with an extra long rope :twisted::twisted::twisted:
  18. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

That's the current "official" explanation... the original explanation from an exec at Hormel is that is stood for "Shoulder of Pork and hAM"...

Okay, we're getting way too indepth here. I'm ashasmed I even knew that.