Spacecraft wanted

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by jparenti, May 22, 2008.

1. jparenti

jparenti Member

Okay, all of you who do real space models: What would you like to see in paper? Maybe we can even help each other out finding models we didn't know were out there. :mrgreen:
  2. dkaniel

dkaniel Member

I would love to see models of the series of Lifting Body aircraft that NASA tested. One of them was Martin Marretta X-24 and I can't remember the other ones right now. One of the other ones sort of looked like a small bathtub type of vehicle and was shown every week on the opening intro for the show "The Six Million Dollar Man."
  3. jparenti

jparenti Member

I always wanted the lifting body and X craft as well. As far as a 1/48 shuttle and SCA... who wants to do it? Anyone? Come on... :)
    I'm big on unmanned probes. Mariner, Viking, Venera, and Huygens are my big 4 wishes. I hope one day Leo will be inspired to create a Venera. I'm trying to work on a Huygens myself...
  4. keith

keith Member

I have an unfinished and abandoned 3d model of the x24 if you fancy a go at finishing it, i'll donate it (without conditions) to anyone that wants to play with it to complete it.
  5. jparenti

jparenti Member

Let's give it a go then! :)
  6. DHL

DHL Member

I'd like to see a Magellan spacecraft.
  7. redwolf28386

redwolf28386 Member

How about an Apollo service module or Skylab?
  8. moonracer

moonracer New Member

I would build gladly the Viking Mars probe. As a child the exciting reporting at that time fascinated me on the extreme.
    Cheers Michael:wave:
  9. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

While we're on the wish list path, I would love to see someone design some launch pads to help display some of the launchers, particularly the ones used by the Soviet Union for the older R7 vehicles. It would be quite a project in itself, with all the girders, railings, etc, and would make a superb display, in my humble opinion. Same is true for the earlier launch pads for Mercury and Gemini....

10. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

11. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

what format is it in?
  12. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Magellan Venus Space Probe

There is actually an amazingly detailed Magellan spacecraft in the Betexa 1:72 scale Atlantis 'Raketopl√°n' space shuttle kit, as a bonus.
    Check it out here - there is a very nice picture at the bottom of the page, if you click: "TECHNICAL MODELS" and then "space technology":

The Betexa shuttle model itself is a must for any real space geek, in my opinion. The original to the Marscenter line of shuttle orbiter models, with a 'cockpit' interior, wheel wells and complete landing gear, with zillions of little parts. Wonderful models.

Bengt :thumb:

NULLMOON Member

what about prospero x3, britains only self launched satalite(black arrow) and its still in orbit

Attached Files: