Spacecraft models

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by jparenti, Dec 8, 2006.

1. jparenti

jparenti Member

Figured I'd try this out once, see if anyone has any ideas...
    1. Venera Venus lander. Anyone know of a paper model? (Or plastic, dare I say?) Or any good three-view drawings?
    2. Huygens probe three-view drawings, or something with measurements? (The Huygens included with the NASA site's Cassini just isn't detailed enough for me!)
    3. Skylab? jleslie's site has pictures, but he's working on the model still. Anyone else tried this one?
    4. (Not a spacecraft, I know.) U-2 spy plane. Surprising that I can't find one of these...
    Thanks for the help. I hope I'm not being too obscure. :twisted:
  2. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Cassini-Huygens Drawings

Hi jparenti,

I Googled for images of the Cassini-Huygens and came up with this one on about the 10th page or so:

And here´s the first of these Google pages with images:ökning&oe=ISO-8859-1&sa=N&tab=wi
    -the picture with the blue background (number three in the top row) seems interesting but unfortunately I couldn´t open it.

There are a lot of interesting pictures and illustrations of the Venera Venus lander too, if you search on "Venera Venus lander" and "Pictures" but I found no drawing with measurements.

I´ll try some more later on. Hope this helps a little bit on the way.

Bengt :roll:
  3. Texman

Texman Guest

Nobi at has a U-2. There are also a couple of printed ones out there as well.

4. jparenti

jparenti Member

Thank you for all of the help. I think I've finally gotten enough for a basic Huygens, which may be my next attempt at a model. I can't believe I never saw the U-2 at Nobi's site - I've been there a dozen times! :grin:
    Sadly, I too have not found any drawings of a Venera lander with measurements. I have found a couple really good drawings, which may be enough but we'll see.
    Thanks for the help so far everyone!