Space Shuttle Columbia with launcher

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by hpept, Nov 2, 2005.

1. hpept

hpept Member

Hello everybody,
    i'm new to this group. I wanted to share a design i did some time ago of the LH2/LOX tank and boosters assembly for the Columbia Space Shuttle memorial model that was published by:
    Scale is around 1:200 (don't remember exactly).If someone is interested, please tell me how i can share the design. Files are quite big (three coloured pdf, hires 21 mb... sigh... couldn't find a better compromise between size and quality.. no instructions, sorry... but it's very easy to build)

Attached Files:

2. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

3. modelincard

modelincard Member

I look foward to seeing (and building) them.

P.S.-If you need any extra space to host them, I could help.
  4. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

I to look forward to building this..
  5. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Are they pdf files with bitmaps in them? This can bloat the files enormously. Vector images (Illustrator, Coreldraw etc) give much smaller files, and scaleable images, which stay sharp at whatever enlargement; no pixelation.

The design looks great by the way! It is very good of you to want to distribute them! Thanks indeed.

Tim P
  6. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

That is a wonderful looking design, and I hope you know you are making many folks happy by making it available!
    Thanks for the time and effort it took to design and your generosity in making it available to all of us!

7. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

wow!!! ver nice sir!!! Please share this one!!!
  8. angevine

angevine Member

I love it!

Really want to build this one.. have downloaded many of the free Space Shuttle models, but none have this amount of detail.. Amazing!
  9. hpept

hpept Member

Dear all, thanks for the appreciation about my model. jleslie helped me to decrease the size of the files down to 630kB :grin: and now the download is not a problem anymore. It will be available soon for free in his site . Stay tuned.
  10. Hans Christian

Alright!!! I'll build this one when its available!!! ;D
  11. hpept

hpept Member

Since it may be not that simple to build the model as i thought, we're now looking for some volunteers to lay down some simple sketches and a few helping words to attach instructions to the model. Any help is welcome.
  12. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey put it out without instructions, I'm sure there are several "gifted" builders around here that would help out with the instructions.

Nice job, by the way!

13. hpept

hpept Member

14. Hans Christian

15. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

great models!

Beauty! I tried the link to the Columbia, but couldn't find it...anyone else have it?
  16. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

sorry...found it....
  17. hpept

hpept Member

the link to the columbia model is at the bottom of the main page
  18. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

Right now I'm working on a fgew Kit bashes of your shuttle, so far I've got a shuttle C. The HLLV is in progress
  19. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

I finished it 15 minutes after I posted that!
  20. hpept

hpept Member

dynasoar, why not showing us your model? personally i'm very curious.