space shuttle Atlantis / Betexa / 1:72

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by wedge, Apr 1, 2008.

1. dhanners

dhanners Member

Boy, that sucks and I do feel for you. I think we've all had something like that happen to us.
  2. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: Sorry!!!!
    That is bad news. You were doing a great build on that ..........:curse:
    Has your room mate offered to buy you a replacement?????:twisted:

3. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Betexa Raketoplán Atlantis 1:72 Model Tragedy

Dear wedge,

I just came home from a short vacation trip to nearby Denmark and read about your great misfortune. I am so, so sad to hear about this disaster - all the love and interest that you put into this beautiful model, the windows, the interior . . . sometimes life is hard on you.
    If you should find strength to try again with this model some time, I say we all collect some money for a new model for you. You have given us so much viewing and reading pleasure, it would be the least we could do.

**** happens sometimes - just when we had repaired our white Toyota for the vacation trip about two weeks ago and it was washed and all shining, our neighbor backed right into it with his huge Nissan SUV. The night before our departure. Crash!
    So, we will have to send it back to the mechanic again now.

I hope that you will still be good friends with your room mate, in spite of what happened.

Do your magic again, wedge! Be happy!

All the best,
    Bengt :wave:
  4. wedge

wedge Member

Bengt , thank you very much , I really appreciate your offer about collecting money :eek: But there is no need to worried , I have a big luck with the shuttle as you can see :)
    So I have it already and soon I will try it again :mrgreen: (maybe with different kind of paper )

Now I´m slowly finishing gemini and I have plans for another model...nothing original , but it will be huge project - I hope :mrgreen:
  5. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Shuttle Recovery

Hi wedge,

I am glad to hear that it worked out for you with a new Betexa shuttle model! If you should need any extra parts or if anything happens, I suppose I could scan what you might need to help you out, because I haven´t cut my model out yet.
    It´s some small comfort that there were no astronauts inside your smashed shuttle . . .
    Good luck with the new build.

All the best from Stockholm,
    Bengt :wave:
  6. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Hurray!!! bounce7
  7. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Well after a couple of months, on and off, I have finished the Marcenter shuttle Challenger which is just the same as the Shuttle in this thread, so I'll post some pics to show it off..:D
    (yes the engine pipes were cut out and it took a long time to do so..)