Space Academy Seeker Shuttle

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Kjev, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Kjev

Kjev Member

Dredged up from the deepest bits of my memory, I think I remember watching this show when I was two years old. The thing is, I look at drawings I made years later, and I can see the influence of this ship.

Credit where credit is due: The model above was created by Jim Small of Small Art Works. He does incredibly awesome work. He's also done the fighter from the "V" series. Of course, he's one of those 'resin boys' . . . .

Does anyone know if a paper model of this exists?

ARMORMAN Guest

As with many things....on my list (as well as Ark II)...even have a 6 view of it....
  3. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Oh yes, yet another use for the Airfix Saturn V. :D
  4. Gearz

Gearz Member

This ship looks like a straightforward design, are you going to develop a model yourself K'Jev ..?
  5. Kjev

Kjev Member

Well, I'd like to, but I have a slightly larger project going on:

My house blew up in February, so right now I'm concentrating on getting a new one built, so I can get out of the apartment we're in, get my desktop set back up (where all my software and models are), and then finish the projects I've been working on: Instructions for the ISSCV, designing a Goliath from Starcraft, and building several models that are high on my ever-growing list.

ARMORMAN Guest

7. Kjev

Kjev Member

Propane leak. I stepped out of the tub, dried off, turned off the heater, and Boom. Flattened the entire thing. My wife and son got minor burns, my dog got singed, and my wife's dog was killed. I spent two weeks in a burn unit, and another month and a half off work.

Here's a link to the story. - Idaho family survives house explosion The toasted marshmallow guy partway down the page is me. I admit, I was a little sarcastic when the infochick asked me how I was doing and I told her "Great." She was the 6th person in an hour to ask. My friends all picked up on it, but she missed it.

At any rate, I'm a printer short of building models again. And I'm grateful to still be vertical. The cop who saved me, Corporal Jeff Young, got an award and has been nominated for America's Most Wanted's All Star award. Everyone where I worked voted for him. I voted several times.

In spite of the explosion, there were so many things that went right that night. Cop was in the right place. I was able, even while pinned, to find my cell phone. My wife came out on top of everything and was able to save my son, and in the burn center, I saw a lot of people who were waaaaaay worse off than me. It really makes me grateful for my family, and what I have.

The not-so-crispy
  8. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your explosion, but glad everyone got out alright. I don't know how paper models fit into the equation, at this time, but If there's something you want printed, I just got a new printer and will print anything you want and send it to you.

Wish the best for you and your Family. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

ARMORMAN Guest

K'jev, Just to let you know...when they did the Anakin into Darth Vader scene in Ep. III, it was just makeup. There's easier ways to make your own fan movie than that....;)

Also, you may want to cut back on the beans the next time you make the "secret family chili recipe"...

in all honesty, I am glad you and your family are still among us. is there a paypal account we can donate to?
  10. Kjev

Kjev Member

Thanks for the offer. I'm getting things set up again. Right now we're in an apartment and I have a very helpful 2-year old. I have a printer that I think will work. However, I may take you up on the offer.

I do have a paypal account. The name is If that doesn't work, please let me know. I appreciate it too. So many people, people I don't even know have donated so much. Books, clothes, toys for my son, it's been very humbling.

I do have one request: PLEASE go to and vote for Corporal Jeff Young of the Bannock, County Sherrif's Department. I know the description talks about his helping a rape victim, but I was the third time he had pulled someone from a fire. He was also burned pulling me out, when he grabbed several smoldering pieces of wood with his bare hands. He's a real hero, especially to me.

11. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Cool, no problem at all. BTW, if you need anything else let me know. I've got a bunch of books and clothes and , just let me know.:thumb:
  12. Kjev

Kjev Member

That's awesome.

You know, people in our area have been so nice. We got so many clothes we were able to actually choose what we wanted to wear. The company I work at donated a large chunk along with my paycheck, set it up so my insurance kicked in the day I went back to work, and the employees raffled off a really nice Remington rifle.

One thing I would encourage everyone to do is go to's All Star Program and vote for Corporal Young (if the contest is still open). I think he's on page 11 of their list. In spite of the forbidding picture they have, he's really very nice.