Space Above and Beyond

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gearz, Jun 4, 2006.

1. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Yup, I did print mine in greyscale since I was almost out of color ink. Nice to see your build, Tony, makes me think it might be about time to print the Eisenhower version and build her.

I really wish someone would pick up the series and continue it, too, Gearz! I was going to say it's probably too late, but who knows? Maybe in 25 years someone will do a "new-and-improved" version of it like they've done with Galactica.

Scott K.
  2. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

I couldn't help but notice that most of the links contained in this thread are dead!
  3. outersketcher

outersketcher Illustrator, Tinker

Just visit Gearz website. The good stuff is there anyway.. : )

4. TonyG2

TonyG2 Member

Thanks for the tips and the kind words guys.

I've printed the parts using the greyscale approach and they look perfect.

I'm now planning out what I can do to emphasise the 3D effects by layering parts and then opening the flight bays etc.

With my average build rate, it'll take a year or so :mrgreen:
  5. Gearz

Gearz Member

Thanks jgderuvo.. yep sorry about that ~ I hadn't been back to this thread in ages. I've fixed all the ones i have any control over, they were from the days before i had a permanent home ( net vagrant) + sadly many of the fan/site links are transitory.

Tony ~
    lol... join the club...

For SAab fans Scott K .. designed a nice chig bomber HERE

Attached Files:

6. TonyG2

TonyG2 Member

Thats from "Hostile Visit" isn't it. Sweet!

Did anyone even do a Chig mothership? Be nice to have a honking great target for the Toga and her sisters.
  7. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

The dead links in my earlier posts were to pictures in my original album on, lost in the move to Zealot. I'd repost them, but I lost my original shots in a disk crash.

Thanks for the plug for my bomber, Gearz. I forgot how nice your build of it looks!

Steve Marshall did a Chig mothership for a design contest a while back. His website (HomespunMagixx - Home) doesn't show it, but there's a download link to the model on his site in the Chig Bomber thread Gearz posted. (Thanks, Steve!)

Scott K.
  8. Gearz

Gearz Member

No worries Scott, I love the chig designs, someone will have to eventually get around to doing the Chiggy Von Richthofen [nudge nudge wink wink]. Its been pleasantly surprising, I've had a few ppl recognise the bomber as a chig ship when they see the model ( good convo' value) + the inevitable few 'So.. your a Star Wars fan.. eh..?' [Convo' killer] I scoped your Bomber thread for the Chig Mothership link (thanks for the model Steve!) and saw my last post ~ I'd forgotten about those three SAab style stands I'd Dev'd. Their styled on chiggy design, although they could easily be used as generic, so tidied them up / added PDO's ~ and posted them HERE.

*Note.. Although they are bog simple builds, SAab Stand V 2 and V3 are untested.!! ( I'm getting sloppy) so if anyone finds a problem with either of them P.L.E.A.S.E let me know ~ i have reservations the designs may not be strong enough to support prolonged weight.

* You got to love "Abandon All Hope" lol.. imagine if an NTI version of our Voyager probe arrived here with that plastered on the side. O..ooooooh !

Attached Files:

9. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Brilliant bases Gearz! I love the blue and black one on this page.

Sci-Fi Card Models STANDS

Generic Stand Ver.3. Reminds me of a Warp Core.:mrgreen: