space 1999 model build

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by rwguess, Jul 23, 2006.

1. rwguess

rwguess Member

im afraid i finally talked myself into starting my build of the eagle
    i have put this off since last christmas out of sheer terror of building the tubular works.... lol

incidently i have found a small enough old school metal coat hanger that was just the perfect size for making the tubes...

i now have no trouble building them and will post pictures as i progress

needless to say im very excited to finally start this build since it is my top 5 space ships from my childhood

p.s. the paper terror has been caught and will be a p.o.w. for the duration of the build she has been sent to the far wilderness of the front of the house lol
  2. rwguess

rwguess Member

my new best friend for building tubes a piece of extra small coat hanger

Attached Files:

3. rwguess

rwguess Member

it has begun
    my first set of #1 tubes
    they came out close to perfect
    i am satisfied with the coat hanger wish i had thought of it sooner

Attached Files:

4. rwguess

rwguess Member

she has escaped!!!
    dug a tunnel or something
    is allready stalking me... must be able to smell the glue... 8(

she must be reading my mind as i tried to finally get photo proof she ducks from the camera... i know she was about to attack the airplane model before her... she is bidding her time

i will have to watch carefully... she will attack soon...

i must not fall asleep
    she is plotting something i just dont know what...

as from the photo proof i believe i know how she escapes she has a stealth field around her

luckly i caught her as she was dematerializing since she realised i was on to her...

pray for me...

pray for the models....

Attached Files:

5. rwguess

rwguess Member

first set of tubes has been assembled
    i am suprised at how fast the assembly is going

Attached Files:

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy RW,

Well, I know its abit early to give you the standard "great looking build" but I want to be the first so here it is lol Great looking build! :)
    As for that "monster" lurking in the shadows, I couldnt see it very clearly, but would that be a "Razor weilding, couch shredding, dust mop with teeth"? (a cat)
    If so, then you must remain ever vigilant, never taking for granted whatever security measures you have put in place. The "Monsters" have some sort of telepathic ability, rendering other people in the house helpless against their will, thereby causing others to do their bidding such as leaving a door open or opening a door at the most opportune time for them, but the time of your greatest weakness for you, such as when you are in the uh....uh.... "control room" or away on a mission for "she who must be obeyed" (gone to the store).
    Anyway, best of luck to you and I look forward to seeing more pics.
    Have a good day and consider getting a "monster be gone" kit...... I would suggest a large chocolate Labador retriever. :-D

Good luck and again, "GREAT BUILD!" (so far lol)

Greg aka GW
  7. rwguess

rwguess Member

second set of tubing completed

almost close to 1/2 competed for first structure

Attached Files:

8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

:grin: GW.............. Here is the picture on the latest WANTED POSTER...........please if you see this cat........... DO NOT ATTEMPT TO HANDLE IT............... it killed the photographer for taking a clear picture of him seconds after this picture was taken................RUN!:grin:

Mysteriously the tires on may car were flat.................... please give all my un-finished models to all the orphans of paper modeling if something happens to me tonight:grin:

Attached Files:

9. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Yikes! What an Evil look!
  10. rwguess

rwguess Member

first completed assembly

assembly is now getting alittle tougher since i have large hands
    especially when putting tubes side by side

overall very pleased with how it is going

also i have found some tinned monster food
    i have found that offering a sacrificial meal is appeasing the "beast"
    it is currently sleeping it off for now....

Attached Files:

11. rwguess

rwguess Member

she is not full and wants a toothpick

i can only think one thing

this is going to end up badly... :cry:

this is the "that small thing is mine to play with" look

Attached Files:

12. rwguess

rwguess Member

wait what is she doing????

its a preemptive strike!

red alert captain!!!

Attached Files:

13. rwguess

rwguess Member

lots of yelling and superhuman reflexes save the day...

Attached Files:

14. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

time to make a distraction item hanging on a string someplace nearby to stop her.

lol, my cat does the exact same thing. When i'm playing bf1942 online she hops up and lays on my keyboard purring. If I am flying at that time... I'm KIA.
  15. rwguess

rwguess Member

lol rotfl i thought mine was the only one that did that

but i prefere the old school bf1942 and there tank battles like el alamein

and i still shake my angry fist to the sky every time one of those pesky planes shoots me dead

16. rwguess

rwguess Member

i thought i had completed my first assembly
    after reading the instructions i found i was incorrect... heh

it is now getting very hard

the x members i am working on now are so tiny and take alot of time just getting into proper placement much less rolling one correctly

even so it is still a very enjoyable model i keep finding my self staring at the superstructure and going wow im building this...

Attached Files:

17. rwguess

rwguess Member

even closer
    my cameras macro mode is just atrocious

Attached Files:

18. rwguess

rwguess Member

any suggestions for a cheap digital camera that does really good macro photos? this one might be destined for a kitty toy? :mad:

this vivitar digicam 5100 is a piece of work it takes great distance photos but macro needs a distance of 1.5 meters wich works out to 4 feet jeeze man
  19. blueeyedbear

blueeyedbear Member

A few suggestions for you,

1. Put your camera on a tripod to cut out camera shake.

2. Read the instruction book carefully about macrophotography. Three or four times!

3. If you a new camera, check the specs VERY closely.

4. If you want a good car, don't go to Panasonic or Dell or Hewlett-Packard (you knew that already).
    If you want a good camera, look to a CAMERA manufacturer, NOT a TV manufacturer.

It's not the megapixels that count, it is the LENS that makes a sharp photo, and anyone with experience with quality film cameras knows that. Electronic companies don't make good lenses!!!

Try everything to improve the close-ups with your camera. If it doesn't work, try again, several times. Only then should you buy a new camera from a reputable camera company (Kodak, Olympus, Nikon, Pentax, etc.).

20. GT5500

GT5500 Member

So true when I bought my first digi cam I bought a Pentax optio 450, I ignored all the tiny cameras and all the so called '7' megapixel cameras. The reason was that I have a camera that is around 100mm lon and about 40mm deep that has a 5X optical zoom (ignore digital zoom, its useless) and a macro that I can photograph a coin from 1" away and still read all the writing on it. That is a thanks to the amazing pentax lens and the excellent sensor inside.