Space 1999 : Eagle build

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by greenelf1967, Nov 2, 2007.

1. greenelf1967

greenelf1967 Member

Hi everyone my names andrew and i live in scotland just outside of edinburgh, have been with the forum now for about 1 1/2 years now but have not posted any of my build yet, so this is a first for me.

Have had this eagle model for about a year now but i finally got round to building it.

i know there's a bit of a jump between the last two pics it's just that i forgot to take any pics.

i'm hoping i'm finished my monday as i am going into hospital for an operation on my shoulder, which will mean that i won't be doing any builds for about two's hoping
  2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

I mentioned his model only yesterday. A great piece of work, both in it's design and your building skills.

It looks great. You should remember to take more pics on your future builds. :)
  3. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Hey great job on your Eagle! :thumb: She looks spaceworthy already.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, you'll be back to modeling in no time :mrgreen:

4. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Wow, that's nice! The fit of those joints is superb. What'd you use to roll those tubes? A knitting needle or something?
  5. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Great job Andrew! Thanks for letting us see your work. Trust your recovery will be swift and complete. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

6. greenelf1967

greenelf1967 Member

i used a sewing needle to roll them and then undid them and rolled them by hand, each tube is about 3mm thick, and it took some time to roll all the tubes, there are 362 tubes in total on the model....i know i made them!!:mrgreen:wall1

had an accident about a year and a half ago, which resulted in short term memory loss(1/2 hr), boken collar bone (which still has not healed ) which is why i'm getting a second operation, and long sighted in one i've got all the time in the world to roll "them" tubes.

i'm thinking of doing an eagle 4 times the size of this one, which will make it about 200-210 cm long but that will be after my road to recovery.
  7. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Awesome build! :cool:
    Makes me want to give this one a try but I have a tank with my name on it, calling to me!:rolleyes:

I've been through a horrible accident myself and I'm lucky to be here so, I've traveled down the same road you are on right now.
    May your journey be quick and smooth.

8. greenelf1967

greenelf1967 Member

thanks amazyah,elliot & 57townsman for your compliments and hopefully i will continue my models in a couple of months
  9. greenelf1967

greenelf1967 Member

Well folks I've finished at last just in time too, go into hospital at 7.30 tommorrow morning.... well here's some pics of the final eagle , if anyone is looking for the model it is from here
    WebSamba Members

10. Janx

Janx Member

Andrew it looks amazing, excellent job :)
  11. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Excellent build. I've had this kit for a while, but never got round to it.

I wish the studios would remake space 1999 using todays computers. Excellent show. One of my top 5 sci-fi shows.
  12. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Great build! I had that toy as a kid, but haven't seen the show since I was about 8 - I'd probably hate it now ;)
  13. greenelf1967

greenelf1967 Member

yeah used to have the model too, the white one not the green nosed one. and apparently its worth a fortune now, it came with these little radiation cannisters which hung underneath (if you want ro replace a lost one of those it will cost you about £40 now for one?????

And also a big thankyou to everyone that has commented on my model.... cheers :wave::thumb::wave::thumb::twisted::thumb::wave:
  14. greenelf1967

greenelf1967 Member

i will be back online in a couple of months hopefully with my 4 times the size of this model around 72 inches long, and this time i will post a lot more pics

15. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Congrats on a fantastic build of a classic ship... I always wanted that toy as a kid, not even knowing what it was from until years later, but I fear tubes more than wheels, so I'd say i'll be putting this one off for a while yet.

Good luck with the operation and all the best for a speedy recovery... I'm really looking forward to seeing that monster eagle.
  16. smyfe

smyfe Member

Fantastic build, I wish I had the patience. I hope to make a start on it soon:oops:. Space 1999 is still being shown on cable here in the U.K. ,2 more Eagles destroyed on the last episode I watched,I wonder how many moonbase alpha had?
    Hope all goes well for you at the hospital