Southbound Freight

Drew1125

A long freight train rumbles south on the Four Sisters Branch, behind a K&I geep, & an L&N Alco...

Attachments

• mvc-009f.jpg
    mvc-009f.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 84
That's just the kind of photo I like Charlie. Low at eyeball level, great. All your structures are just as in real life, a fine mix.
You get better "depth" pics of your N gauge than I can get on my HO one!

Are these Peco "live frog" turnouts you're using?

Errol

Drew1125

Thanks for the kind words, guys!
Errol,
I took the shot, because I was trying out the timed shutter on my camera, & I pressed the button, & then set the camera on the tracks. The lens on my Sony digital is at the top of the camera, so I turned the camera upside down, so the lens was right at track level. Then I flipped the image on the computer before I posted it.
All the track is Peco Streamline code 55, with Electro-Frog turnouts.
I can't say enough good things about Peco track, & turnouts...they look good, & operate even better, & are practically indestructible.
After I saw Tyson's trackwork, & heard that he used the same track as me, but with far better looking results, I went back & reworked a lot of my "ballast", & ground cover...
One of my pet peeves with N scale is the hugely out-of-scale rail size...But if you do a good job of ballasting, the Peco track looks pretty much as good as most HO flex.
I didn't use any roadbed, I just laid the track right on the foam base, because I wanted to try to get the look of poorly maintained yard & branch track.