Sound&DCC for On3O Bachman Shay

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Johnson Bar, Jun 6, 2003.

1. Johnson Bar

Johnson Bar Member

Hi ya all! I have recently jumped into the bachman On3O gauge.
    My question is, There is a sound system out for the Bachman shay,
    It runs with DCC as well, One is the sound quality worth paying $150 bucks for & is DCC really nesessary for a switchback logging layout with only using one locomotive?
  2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Hi J.B. and welcome to the Gauge! :D Is the sound worth $150??? Guess that depends on how much you like sound, on my limited budget it's out of the question. As far as the quality of the sound that's personal opinion also, what sounds great to me might not to you. That said most of the name brand sound systems that I've heard sounded great to me. As far as the DCC on your type of layout, I wouldn't waste the money but that's me. I'm not anti DCC but there is a time and a place for everything :D . If I had a medium to large layout with 4 or more operators going at it during a session it's the way to go. For 1 or 2 train operation, no reverse loops etc. IMHO it's a waste of money for me, but again if you like it go for it!
  3. Johnson Bar

Johnson Bar Member

Thanks Tyson!
    Well at this time it's just a thought the sound is a neat idea but the $150 is a tough price to pay for just a chuff!
    That doesnt cover the $ for the DCC. Thats alot of Jack$$$ in my books! after all the sound doesnt make the model , Its the quality of the work. Its the new thing on the market and so I Guess I wanted to be the first kid on the block with a new toy LOL!
    Thanks for the come back and the warm welcome!