Soon to be Released by Disney

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Amazyah, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

An e-mail from Trader Sam gives the heads up for a new Paper model to be released by Disney soon.

One photo shows the model, "The Wicked Wench" and the other is the traditional burning of the prototype.

Won't be long now!

Attached Files:

2. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Hi Russell,
    I haven't dropped by Disney's site yet, I just got my computer fixed, but thanx for the heads up on this model...I will keep my eyes peeled...can hardly wait...
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Hi Phil,

The "Wicked Wench" looks like it will be a lot of fun building! Like you, I am really looking forward to it.
    Looks like we may be in for a long wait and a lot of checking at the site though.
    I just visited there and they have begun a model availability rotation due to high bandwidth usage. They are now taking donations to help pay for it.

Well what do you know, I failed to leave a link above. :roll:
    Here it is.

4. SteveM

SteveM Member

Just like to point out that "Trader Sam" is not Disney. He models Disney subjects but they are his work, not Disney's. Also, "TheDisneyExperience" website is his Disney fan site, it is not "The Disney Site". Its just that the way the above is worded seems to take credit away from Trader Sam and gives it to the "house of mouse".
  5. McPeek

McPeek Member

The new Pirates of the Caribbean movie, "Dead Mans Chest" opens in theaters july 7th. I figure the model will be released around then. Also if you have ever been on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland, the name of the pirate ship in the ride is none other than the "Wicked Wench".
  6. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

SteveM is right; I am in no way affiliated with the Walt Disney Company.

If I can figure out how to do the instructions and get them done in time, I'd like to release the Wicked Wench in conjunction with either the re-openning of the ride at Disneyland (June 26?) or the premiere of the movie (July 7). But I'm a little burned out on paper models at the moment. Only time will tell.
  7. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

My Apologies

My apologies Trader Sam.

I have always been under the impression that your site is a Walt Disney site and that the models are a collaborative work of many paid Disney designers. I also thought that "Trader Sam" was a fictitious character, much like Mickey Mouse himself, used to tout the site. :oops:

On the other hand, of course, what a wonderful compliment that is!

Your models are beautiful works of art not to mention the website itself and your generosity, by freely sharing them with the world, is to be commended.

Thank you Steve, for setting the record straight.
  8. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

No problem. If Disney had designed them, you can bet they'd charge you your first-born child.:wink:
  9. McPeek

McPeek Member

The Wicked Wench is now available for download on the Disney Experience website. But....

You'll never guess what you get when you find the 'X'. :grin:

Oh and yes, I have found it myself.:wink:

Have fun.

Disney Experience
  10. bugman72

bugman72 Member

OK, I've officially gone bonkers trying to find this cursed "X"! I've read all of the comments on Sam's blog, hoping for a clue that I could use. Found many a clue, but none that my little pea-brain could use!

I can only hope that Trader Sam is generous enough to allow the download of his wonderful ship to those who's gray matter has left the way of the Dodo.

OK, I don't know how I did it, but I found the bloomin' treasure! Very nice and well worth the effort, I must say!
  11. igoraf

igoraf Member

12. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

That's what everybody's comment was. It drove them nuts looking for the darn thing, but they all agreed that it was well worth it in the end. I had people begging and pleading for more and more clues. I even had people sending private emails for the answer.

I actually made it a tiny bit easier to find the 'X'; there were actually four of them hidden throughout the site, always in the same location. I figured someone was bound to stumble upon one of them.
  13. goney3

goney3 Member

So where were they? I think I killed 3 hours at work just trying to find it... my boss wasn't too happy with me... so out of curiosity, where were they?

Many Thanks again! :)
  14. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Hey goney3,

I went over the entire site, every page, then quit. The next day I tried again and found it within a minute, from peoples clues.

At the top of the paper model menu. When you ran your cursor over the title it would change to an X.

That was the only one that I found anyway.
  15. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Also guys.....

the model is now freely available, no hunting required

16. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

17. goney3

goney3 Member

Yeah, I know... I just wanted to know where they were because I spent so much time trying to find them. Its like not knowing the answers to last weeks cross-word puzzle ;)
  18. Trader Sam

Trader Sam Member

Oh, I see. I think I remember where they were; I know they were on pages that had something to do with paper models. I think they were on the following pages:

1. Ludwig Von Drake Laboratories
    2. Paper Model Building Tips
    3. Activities for Everyone
    4. and finally, the model unavailability page

They were all in the same location on the pages; you had to move your mouse over the "Site Menu" graphic.