soon as i turn it on, it wants to go>Why<

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by alisar70, Mar 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alisar70

alisar70 Member

Yey i got my car started BUT.......When i switch it on the car just wants to go not that fast but case im holding it i can feel it Pulling my hand so what shall i do and ideas
  2. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

nitro or electric?
  3. alisar70

alisar70 Member

Nitro with a 15cxp engine
  4. mastmec

mastmec Member

Dude, slow down with all the questions in different topics, all your questions are going to have the same answer. Put all your questions in one topic. Lets keep it simple.
  5. alisar70

alisar70 Member

If anyone can answer my qustions i wouldnt put so many
  6. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

Just like the other people said...check your idle screw,
    I have experience with electric but Im new to nitro also, so take the advice of others on this one. Good luck with your problem...
  7. alisar70

alisar70 Member

OK thanks but which 1 was my idle screw and what way shall i turn it
  8. osbornel

osbornel Member

ever heard of a manual??
  9. The idle screw is the one w/ the spring on it, turn it one way or another till you got a 1mm gap in the carb at idle
  10. Steve M

Steve M Member

Screwing either the high speed or the low speed needle to the right (clockwise) will result in a leaner setting. Turning them left (counter clockwise) results in a richer condition. It is better to be too rich than too lean.
  11. alisar70

alisar70 Member

will that damage myt enige By making it to rich
  12. Steve M

Steve M Member

No.....too rich is better than too lean. If it is extremely rich it probably won't start in the first place.
  13. alisar70

alisar70 Member

OK thanks but shall i make it richer to make a not stall wheni fully rev it
  14. have you broken it in properly
  15. alisar70

alisar70 Member

How do i know If its broken proply
  16. Nitram68

Nitram68 Member

-alisar-If you read the manual that should have been with the model and followed the directions for new startup you should have allready "broken it in". This term is used to describe the initial wear of the piston and sleeve to fit to each other. If you just took the model out of the package and started playing/bashing around you didn't "break it in". I don't remember which model you have but even if the box/package has the letters R.T.R.(Ready To Run)on it that only means it is assembled for you. The Manuf. leaves the "break in" to you because they do not know what type of fuel you are using or how you intend to use it(I.E.-offroad,onroad,racing,backyard bashing). The way you intend to use it has bearing on how you tune it. There are different gears that have advantages for onroad versus offroad and even rock crawling. All this is part of "tuning" the model to the way you intend to use it. I have noticed that -SteveM- has given you alot of good links for information,as was said,please read as much as you can this will definitely answer a lot of questions I no doubt you have. Good luck and good reading.:) *P.S. I myself have 3 magazines which I subscribe to(RC nitro/RC driver/RC car action)and I can almost always find good info.:D
  17. alisar70

alisar70 Member

OK thanks for taiking time to reply To my message BUT in london Where ever i go i cant find an rc car magazines So i cant use them and Ive looked at my manual And i did everythink it said But Still all of my problams were the same......ive took everyones advice itt helpd a lot but still Some of the problams i have are still with me And im getting fed up with this car BUT i guess rc cars are all about the stress and stuff

Ali sar
  18. thekid22

thekid22 Member

it sounds like you need to go to electric ya gas is loud fast and cool but appintly you dont know any thing about them. the rate your going you probly be buying a new pistion and slive every other time you try to run it. but find some one like at a hobbie store who will help you with it
  19. alisar70

alisar70 Member

Ok im taking it to a rc club so they said they will help IS that ok
  20. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

when you start it do you have the radio on first and the throttle trim ajusted correctly? never start the engine and then turn the radio on. Radio is always the first on and the last off. For a rc car magixine you could go to 1 of there web sites and start a subsciption, I think they should be able to send it threw mail (maybe to London) but I wouldnt know, I myself do not have a subscription....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.