son hobby

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
Back about a month ago, almost exactly, KYBLUBERI, signs as sherrie, was looking for info on getting her son started in a hobby. JON-MONON, BillB, SUMPTER250, and EZDAYS all answered with information for her.

She made just the one entry. Has anyone ever heard from her again? It was in the HO section, about July 22-24.

Lynn

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Not that I'm aware of. I spend time on a number of "special interest" forums and find that it's not unusual that someone stop by to ask a question, get some advice, badmouth a product or make a comment, then you never hear from them again. It's disheartning not knowing if you helped that person, got through to them or even if they appreciated your responding to them.

Sometimes a "thanks" or an "I appreciate your response" or even, "thanks for nothing dude" or "here's what I've decided" would at least let you know that the person was paying attention.

Don

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
When you look at the number of members and also the unknown number that we call lurkers that hang around here from time to time, it is amazing at the small number that become regular posters. I guess some folks just don't feel confortable making any kind of public statement. In any case, the lady in question got the info she was looking for and that is the main thing. It's great we have folks here that respond and it would be nice to be thanked but the help is still freely given.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Originally posted by Matthyro
In any case, the lady in question got the info she was looking for and that is the main thing.
Well, we don't know that. She may or she may have never returned to find the fine advice given to her and the opportuntiy to get a real head start for the price of postage.

It's great we have folks here that respond and it would be nice to be thanked but the help is still freely given.
It is, and it would be. Not that one always wants a pat on the back, just that it is nice to know that since you took the time to respond, right or wrong, help or not, it was looked at and the effort was appreciated.

Don

Peirce

Dec 28, 2000
Southbury, CT, USA
www.geocities.com
The problem of lack of response or even simple acknowledgement is not unique here. Those of us who are members of sites specializing in photo albums find it all too rare when some signs the guest book or leaves a comment.

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
It's nice to get feedback...

Originally posted by Peirce
The problem of lack of response or even simple acknowledgement is not unique here. Those of us who are members of sites specializing in photo albums find it all too rare when some signs the guest book or leaves a comment.

I sometimes sign the guestbooks on websites. Usually when I have a question...

Those questions that I post on Guestbooks rarely, if ever, get answered...

So it works both ways I guess...

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
hobby

I guess in one way I would be considered a lurker. I look at other forums on ocassion, but pretty rare. The gauge is the best I have found and follow it pretty regularly.

I pass up many opportunities to comment because it takes forever for me to type. It is well worth the time and trouble if I have anything of import to add. Most comments express my feelings exactly. If not, I would certainly pipe up.

Keep it going fellas. I may lurk, but I sure enjoy.

Lynn