Something for Deano...

doctorwayne

who was lamenting the lack of any UP cars in the 71 car train featured in the thread "It's been a while...". Since he's on dial-up, I'm placing these cars in a separate thread. By the time the 71 car train was made up, it stretched from staging all the way to where the first photo was taken, and there was no room to include these two cars. :cry:I hope this eases your disappointment, Dean.:D :D

Union Pacific 40' doubledoor automobile car (a modified Train Miniature plugdoor boxcar, Floquil paint and decals from Microscale)
2007-01-10_474.jpg

Los Angeles & Salt Lake 40' boxcar (modified Train Miniature ARA boxcar, Floquil paint and decals from Microscale)
2007-01-10_473.jpg

Wayne

UP SD40-2

Thanks Wayne!

SHEEW!, I'M FEELING MUCH BETTER NOW!:D sign1 I had a blast just writing that stuff to have a bit of fun;):D, i TOTALLY DIDN'T EXPECT THIS!!!:eek: NICE CARS, GREAT PICS, and SLAP FANTASTIC WEATHERING!!!:thumb: THANKS WAYNE!!!:D

After thought, even though i was TOTALLY JUST HAVING FUN, if you would have done the same to me, I WOULD BE IN TROUBLE:eek:, i have NO Canadian road cars:eek:(DOH!!!:eek:ops: ). BUT rest assured Wayne, a matter of this importance WILL BE RECTIFIED:thumb: on my NEXT trip to the hobby shop!:thumb::D sign1

THANKS WAYNE!:D -Deano

doctorwayne

Well Dean, seeing as we "won" the softwood lumber dispute sign1 sign1 , I'd ship you down a boxcar load of Canadian 2"x4"s (that's not the same thing as a two-four of Canadian :rolleyes: ). Unfortunately, all of my boxcars would exceed the 30 year, or whatever it is, limit on interchange cars. :D :D For what it's worth, there's no way that I'd want to see U.P. on our rails everyday! :eek: That would be taking weathering to an extreme,:D :D :D :wave:

Wayne

UP SD40-2

Attachments

• extr.JPG
    extr.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 98
  • extr (1).JPG
    extr (1).JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 96
  • extr (2).JPG
    extr (2).JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 96
  • extr (3).JPG
    extr (3).JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 95

doctorwayne

Those cars look good to me, Dean, and they'd be welcome on my rails if I were to update my modelling era.:thumb: My remarks were intended to be a play on words (or sounds), :D :D and harken back to the days before passenger cars had holding tanks. :eek:ops: :D

Wayne

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
UP SD40-2 said:
here on the UP, we keep our cars in the FINEST SHAPE!:thumb: sign1

sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1

Nice job from both of you :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

doctorwayne said:
By the time the 71 car train was made up, it stretched from staging all the way to where the first photo was taken, and there was no room to include these two cars.

Hjawdrop Ojawdrop Ljawdrop Yjawdrop jawdrop Cjawdrop Ojawdrop W

Now that is a train,:eek: I saw it but I didn't think it was actually 71 cars long, guess I should have countedsign1 sign1

cn nutbar

hey deano---uncle pete sure likes to get around---here's an accurail 40' dd autocar that's made it's way to the land of the pink expanses---thanks to doctor wayne for the workmanship

black3001.jpg

shaygetz

Sorry, Deano, 'ceptin' my Big Boy, I ain't got no Onion Specific on my pike...plenty o' Espee though:thumb:

MilesWestern

YAY for the espee! sign1 At my weathering table I have a couple of Brass OMI UP lokies, a Dash 9 and an SD70Ace...boy that's a weirder locomotive that I orginally thought! :p :D Picture may be posted, I'll just have to ask the owner fer permission! :)

UP SD40-2

Josh:wave:, GLAD you liked the fun Wayne and i was having:thumb:, i too thought the pics i posted made for a good rebuttaltooth1 sign1

nutbar:wave:, NICE 40' DD BOX!!!:thumb: THANK YOU FOR POSTING IT!!!:thumb: :D

Bob:wave:, i have seen your AWESOME BIG BOY(fantastic weathering on it too!), thats ok you dont have any UP cars, the Big Boy makes up for the lack of 'em:thumb:.

Miles:wave:, i would love to see that Overland SD70ACe!!!:thumb:

THANKS!:D -Deano