"Something BIG is coming" aka "Who's laying these eggs?"

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello folks,

I have got something new for my collection.

Something big.

Something very big.

Something REALLY BIG!

I was looking forward to getting this item for quite some time because it is pure COOLNESS. When it was announced to be released last Halloween I was elated. However, for some reason that deadline couldn't be met and the release was delayed - until NOW.

Yesterday I got my parcel, and I wanna show you what's inside..!

Pictures will follow as soon as they have been taken. So please stand by and be surprised..! ;)

P.S.: Of course you are cordially invited to guess what it is! (And Chris, please don't tell! ;) ) :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
But I wanted to tell everyone that you got a grossly overgrown pink ostrich (with rainbow coloured peacock feathers) that lays slime green and blaze orange easter eggs that are the size of VW Bug cars, and lives on a strict diet of roasted marshmallow and blues and yellow tofu.
OK, FINE! I will not say a word to anyone!!!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Huh? Never heard of the Easter Bunny??? ;)

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Fabergé without Bling-Bling. ;)

@ASC Mclaren : Great to see you turn in, because this one could become interesting for you..! :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OK, here come the first pictures.

DSCF8602.jpg

It is a BIG box.

DSCF8603.jpg

With another big box inside.

DSCF8605.jpg

Well, what do you think is it, folks? ;)

DSCF8606.jpg

To be continued... :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
If it is not the Cadbury Bunny, than it has to be the Cadbury Gorilla!!!
He is REALLY BIG!!!

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm back. ;)

DSCF8607.jpg

DSCF8609.jpg

Here are some images of the packaging.

The back side:

DSCF8610.jpg

The front:

DSCF8614.jpg

DSCF8627.jpg

The size of the box is 33.5 x 44 x 16.5 cm big. The product design is top-notch and as breath-taking as the item itself. NECA has built a diorama entirely for the presentation of this figure. You see a hallway with loads of freshly laid eggs and even some human victims tied to the wall in various stages of the metamorphosis of the Xenomorph on the front and top side.

DSCF8625.jpg

The right side shows a well-known advertising shot of Hicks in front of the queen.

DSCF8628.jpg

The back side presents Her Majesty in all of her glory. :King:

DSCF8629.jpg

And the left side prevents her from escaping.

DSCF8630.jpg

What do you think, shall we release her??? :D

DSCF8631.jpg

:Nonoooo::Nonoooo::Nonoooo:

:Grin::Grin::Grin: YISSSSSSSsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!! :Grin::Grin::Grin:

Last edited:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The blister is as large as the box.

DSCF8636.jpg

DSCF8641.jpg

DSCF8642.jpg

Seven black wires hold the figure in place. They are tied firmly so that it is advisable to have another pair of helping hands standing by when you remove them. It is best to unpack it on a soft blanket in order not to damage anything.

DSCF8633.jpg

The back side shows a V-shaped stand which is used to prevent the queen from toppling over. More on that later.

The spikes come as separate pieces which have to be attached to the back. All of them move (ball joints).

dscf8644-jpg.140695

The biggest surprise was THIS:

DSCF8634.jpg

The box comes with a huge backdrop (slightly smaller than the box) which serves as a nice background for any Aliens figure display / diorama. COOL! :)

To be continued..! ;)