Something about ethics

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Herb 01, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Herb 01

Herb 01 New Member

Hi to all out there!!

I´ve got a question to you all.

There is a forum, which avoids all contacts to other forums in his country. If a member will post a link to another forum, his account will be delayed. If in any other forum from the same language will be posted a link to them, they will send an expensive letter by theyr attorney, to remove the link.

And one of the founders and admin of this forum is still writing here and announcing free models, of course for members only!!!

Do you think this is ok???

On the one hand, they avoid any contact, and on the other, the say "come to us".
  2. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

I didn't vote. I personally respect the rights of whoever you are talking about to run their forums the way they see fit. I don't have to agree with the way they run the forums and if i don't like the rules then I don't join.

I think the sending of a letter from a lawyer is retarded though since that link will send more people to their site and maybe boost their membership. Also if one of the founders is linking to the site shouldn't he get a letter too for breaking the rules? I am confused on that one!
    I honestly believe that anyone that thinks that the members of there forums are only members at that one forum needs to wake up though. Are they afraid that another forum is gonna steal away their members?

Eventhough I stated my opinion above it is not my place to judge how they run their site since its not my site. If you don't like it, don't join. Also I am sure there is a reason that they do things the way they do and not having all the info makes it even harder to judge them.

I did notice that this is your first post here. Welcome to the site!
    I can't help but wonder if you posted here to cause some tension between the members here and this other site though.
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Yes indeed! welcome :) no vote for me either, they can run it however they want, it is theirs after all.

changed my mind - voted yes as they goes in line with saying they can do what they want ;) heh heh
  4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I welcome you too!.............

I agree with Chris & Kevin........... his don't have to play.

5. ramatoto

ramatoto Member

A welcome to you Herb!!

I think i know, which forum you mean, and i don´t write the name, to avoid any trouble to this forum!:grin:

The "politics" of them is well known, and i think with this they are digging theyre own grave.

Best wishes from Germany

6. popala

popala Member

I really don't like the idea of discussing external site/forum problems or policies on this or any forum. Even worse is a discussion without disclosing the name of the site in question. Such discussions can paint a number of sites in a bad light, because not everyone reading such thread will accurately guess the site are you talking about...
  7. possm_23

possm_23 Member

hmmmmmmm...i never understood the question,,,i think.....RPM!!!!:twisted: so i can plead ignorance????
  8. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

I am a member of other forums, and I haven't see anything like that, at least not in paper modeling forums. Au contraire, members from all those forums are more than happy to share posts, links, references of all kind. It's a win-win situation.