Someone else please grab this 666 before I do!

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by simmonds, Feb 27, 2007.

1. simmonds

simmonds Member

Help! There is another Marx 666 on eBay with a buy it now price of 25 dollars. It has the smoke unit and is complete in parts with front and rear trucks. I have bought items from this seller before and they have always been reliable and honest. My wife gave me the evil eye today when I told her I had to run to the post office to get a money order for my last marx purchase much as I want to click that button....I cannot. Someone please buy that engine. :oops:
  2. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

I would but my wife would probably take the loco away and beat me with it as well.
    It is temping though.... I put it on my watch list. ;)

Train G.A.S.
  3. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

Watch the pendulum on the railroad clock. Concentrate on it and listen to what I say. "You are not interested in the 666, you are not interested in the 666, you are not interested in the 666." When I snap my fingers you will wake up and not be tempted. "Snap" Well that's the best I can do. :D Good luck testing your will and the thought of your wife bonking you on the head with it should do the trick. :D

4. Cannonball

Well, somebody snagged it.
    If it's in good shape, they got a darn good buy out of it as well.
  5. Cannonball

Especially since they're diecast.

OUCH! :D
  6. Dave Farquhar

Dave Farquhar Member

At one point I had five or six of them. I've sold off one, maybe two. I probably ought to sell off several others to free up some money for the layout. They're great locomotives, and all of them ran right away with at most a little bit of grease and oil, I just don't think I need so many of them.
  7. Cannonball

Probably shouldn't say that in front of simmonds and I.
    Next thing you know there will be a Gauge bidding war over them. :D
  8. Marxed

Marxed Member

if you want to avoid the war, just ship them to me :thumb:
  9. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Well you guys hooked me. Since they are so cheap I have decided to buy a bunch of them to try my rebuilding and paint skills on them. I have decided to make a few sets of them in all the color of the crayola box. I think that would be a cool project and what the heck it isn't like I have to spend a ton to get as many as I need.
  10. Cannonball

Another convert! :D

Wait... That's one more bidding against us! :curse:

11. simmonds

simmonds Member

Renovo - So you are the one who bought that engine on eBay!!! If so congrats :thumb:

Darn Cannonball, guess we should have kept this 666 stuff to ourselves :curse:

Think I'll go check eBay one more time :rolleyes: