Someday When I Build That Dream Layout.....

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Cannonball, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

I'm gonna have to get me one of these.
    Only in O gauge.... Not life sized.
    Although I wouldn't say no to the life sized model either. :D

Attached Files:

• 610.jpg
      File size:
      43 KB
  2. Cannonball

Might have to get one of these as well....

Attached Files:

3. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Hey if you get one of the real ones you can use my farm to lay the track. We could make one heck of a large loop. :)
  4. Cannonball

At least no one could accuse us of not having our model to scale. :D

I wonder what we could charge for admission?
    Seriously.... I'd love to have a small train running through a couple hundred acres of timberland. Charge admission for rides and live off the income. Ah, to dream of telling the corporate world to kiss my hind end.... I'm going to play with trains. :D
  5. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

It all starts with a small dream that can eventually explode into something massive.

I'm going to start making model railway videos- since we don't have any in my country.

We will see how that goes. I must say I also always wanted to have 1:1 scale stuff nad also miniature models which you can sit on!!
  6. Geno

Geno Member

Building your 'dream layout' isn't always as great as it would seem- the main issue I have now is budget; when you need over 500' track you know it's going to cost you some coin.

Even with buying track, building materials, wiring, etc. in advance for over a year, the cost of building a large (20 x 20) layout still increases, as all of the extra but necessary items you need still have to be bought. It's easy to see now how a large layout could cost thousands of dollars.

I sometimes wish I could be content with a small 4 x 8 or 5 x 10 set up, but once you run scale (and cross over to the 'Dark Side'- 2 rail) you want wider curves, 89' cars and 6-axle diesels, etc. The next thing you know you're planning to build a monster of a layout, with realistic track, scenery, trains, and stained cabinetry underneath it.:rolleyes:

Not the best way to build a first layout. But what can I say? I'm a dreamer who's turning a boyhood dream into reality.:D