some very tall trees for On30

Discussion in 'On30 Forum' started by Randy May, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Randy May

Randy May Member

announce1Here are some trees I've done with furnace filter bows and 1"1/2-1"1/4 trunks done with pine dowel rods,,,,,,,about a $1.50 apiece,,,,my tree ideas come from the "Red Rocks Railroad",,,:wave:heres there link;

:twisted:here are the pics of the trees Iv'e done:these are 24"-30" tall,,,,I figure about a cost of $2.50 each,,,,Randy May:thumb:

Attached Files:

2. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

they look great :thumb:.are they supposed to be coast redwoods? its what they look like to me and the stain color is dead on.great work.--josh
  3. Randy May

Randy May Member

well there supposed to be big Pondarosa looking treeswall1,,,,,,but they do look better as Redwoods:twisted:,I used some redwood stain I had:cry:,,,,the next batch I'll use a browner stain on the trunks, and a lighter green flock on the foilage:mrgreen:,,,,,I live in the Pacific Northwest,,,,Washington state,,,,,,,my modeling is depicting the Washington cascades,,,,I wanted BIG,,,TALL,,,,and DENSE,,,,,I'll be working with a painted forest background board with these handmade trees in the foreground on a 24" deep benchwork,,,,,,I'll use a variant of hews on these trees as I can:rolleyes:,,,,,,,,Heres the inspiration to my trees and On30 modeling,,,,,check out this site,its awesome!!!!!,,,,,the "Red Rocks Railroad":wave::wave::wave:

Attached Files: