Some shots with my new Minolta DiMage A1

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Blake, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Blake

Blake Member

Check 'em out.

2. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Wow great shots Blake! That's a fine camera. It was a little out of my budget :(
  3. George D

George D Member

Great photos. :thumb: I'd like to see more of the city scene as you progress with it.
  4. Blake

Blake Member

That's Gary Pfeil's railroad George. I think there are more photos of that scene somewhere here on the Gauge.
  5. Blake

Blake Member

By the way, just so you guys know, the first 3 scenes are in HO and the 3rd is an N scale cabose kit that I just completed for a customer. It was about 98% laser cut wood and it was a great build. I painted the NYC locos shown in the first 3 shots.
  6. George D

George D Member

Blake, are you sure that caboose is really N scale? :) The sharpness of the details and the quality of the photo made me assume it was HO. :thumb:

7. nalmeida

nalmeida Member

The photos are great Blake, I just find them a little "cold" maybe it's from lightning, I don't know, maybe it's just me being picky :)
  8. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Your new camera sure takes fantastic closeups Blake. Great modelling too. I love the caboose.
  9. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

10. Blake

Blake Member

Thanks folks. Yes the caboose is really N scale! The photos may be a bit bluish because I think my monitor has too much green in it. I use the blue to correct it for me but it may appear too cool on another monitor.
  11. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Excellent photos Blake, got a nice camera my friend.
  12. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

I had a sneak preview of those photos the other day, and apart from being blown away by the loco's and the picture quality, I thought the bridge scene looked kinda familiar.

I assumed it was your layout, Blake, and that you and Gary have a lot in common, layout-wise.

Now I see that it's actually Gary's layout, and I'm chuckling to myself. Though I may forget names all over the place, it looks like I never forget a bridge!!!!

:D :D :eek: :D :D :eek: :D :D