Some questions I wanna ask you guys

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by julescrafter, Aug 18, 2008.

1. julescrafter

julescrafter Member

Hi guys I have questions here, first I want to explain what i am doing now. I have a web site that contains my very own design (paper model) and they are all for free. And I already add a page that contains "links" to many designer's page/site all over the world wide web that offer free models just like me.

The purpose is too share free model links, but never give the credit to myself, all links are not a direct link to pattern files, just link to the page that the models hosted.

I never put links that contain piracy models, as I have a commercial paper model site too, so I know what other designers feel if they work for profit and somebody put a link somewhere else and give them for free.

- Is it okay to put links to other sites in my site?
    - please contact me if someone don't like his/her site is on my site page
    - Is it okay to put commercial model links too?

one more time, just links to the page not direct link to file
    if this thread not belong here, i'm sorry and feel free to move it :)

okay that's all, thanks before

2. David H

David H Member

Hey Jules don't worry. You have a neat sight and a cool models, both free and commercial.

I would think most other designers would be delighted to be referred from your site!

3. dansls1

dansls1 Member

I think the typical web etiquette (web-iquette?) would be to send an email to each site you are linking to and ask. Often times sites will have banners to make it easy to link to them.
    That being said, I don't think it's ever really wrong to link to somebody elses sight, even though others may think so.
  4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Hmmm ... I would have to say the link to the site would not be an issue. After all you are sending people to the site. I would avoid sending people only to the model section of the site unless it was the second of two links with the first being the root site.

Harry's Cardmodels => www.harrysmodels.c0m
    Hotrod Rocketcar => www.harrysmodels.c0m/rocketcar/page.htm

I see this method used a lot and it not only generates traffic in the right direction but also provides a link to the subject on the site as NOT the primary link. That way you get people to find other things there.
  5. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I'd send people to the main site and direct them to the model page... And I don't think you need even premission to do that, since you are increasing the said site's traffic, --Hey who don't want to see their site in other people's link section? ;)
  6. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

Nice one!

Hi, Jules.

Nice site. Could I ask you if you can post a notice in this forum every time you put something new on the site? That way, none of us will miss any of your great models.

7. julescrafter

julescrafter Member

Good advice Graham :), but I don't know, some say it would violating Google Adsense TOS. Even though I really like to shout out whenever a free model is available for download at my site. Hahahaha Google adsense sometimes confusing.. But I tell you this..ssssst... I hope google wont hear this.. (whispering) there's a new model blue umbrella/shade robot - aRL-A is available for download at my site..

Okay I will do all your advice Stev0, Lex and dansls1. Thanks David for the words :)
    Ok guys thanks a lot fo the tips. Wanna download Free WALL E Truck?? coming soon :)

8. fructose

fructose Member

Hey, don't worry one bit about linking to other sites, as mentioned above. In fact, I always enjoy trading links with other site owners, and you have a great looking site. If you would like to trade links with me, I'd love put your site on my links page. I'm doing a little re-work on my website, so I am trying to freshen up my site a little while I'm at it.