Some pics to share

foulrift

Bob
May 2, 2008
Phillipsburg,NJ
Happy Holiday everyone.I have some pics of past projects that I would like to share with the forum.I'll apologize in advance for the photo quailty.I just recently got the camera and don't have everything figured out yet.
The first two are flat cars with lumber loads that I made.
FlatCar.jpg

FlatCar2.jpg

Next is a coal dealer.I got this idea from a couple of photos that I saw in various train books.The coal is dumped into a pit and the transfered to the tower via a bucket conveyor.Dump trucks pull under the tower to get their loads.
Coal.jpg

Lastly is an oil dealer.There is a small pump house behind the tank car to transfer the load to the storage tanks.The main building started our as an IHC freight house which I re-configured.The tanks are from Walthers.I'm not all that happy with the piping from the tank car to the storage tanks and will probably redo them. I also have a small pump house for loading tank trucks but I'll have to wait and see where it is going to go.
Oil.jpg

Well that's all for now.Hope you enjoy then and enjoy your holiday-Bob

foulrift

Bob
May 2, 2008
Phillipsburg,NJ
Ron-When I took the shots I had the sun at my back which probably accounts for the shadows.I had the camera set on auto so if the flash goes off it is for fill.The program that came with the camera lets you mess with all kinds of enhancements.It even splits the screen for before and after.It shows the changes as you make them then you can either accept the changes or cancel them.Like I said -still learning.Bob