Some pics of my layout

KATY

My version of Marty McQuirk's Carolina Central on a door.
Still rookie at posting pics, but here goes.

Jack

Attachments

• File0001.jpg
    File0001.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 1,948
  • File0002.jpg
    File0002.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,824
  • File0004.jpg
    File0004.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,798
  • File0006.jpg
    File0006.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,808
  • File0007.jpg
    File0007.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1,793

ezdays

Out AZ way
Jack,

You've done a fine job at both posting pics and at modeling. That's some great work,:thumb: keep the pics coming.:wave:

Herc Driver

That is a really really good looking layout. The water looks excellent as do the road work.

Was that the same layout featured on the Model RR magazine DVD?

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Beautifully rendered layout Jack! Your scenary is well done and I love that Cargill complex! Could you take a close up of the water and bridge scenes?
Ralph

Zman

Great looking layout. McQuirk's original track plan had a service spur to the Southeast. Did you decide to leave it out? It's hard to see from the pics.

Papa Bear

Excellent work, Jack! I love the river scene. Only thing that would make it look better is some Barringer Red or John Deere Green diesels crossing the bridge.

KATY

Added a few more. Thanks everyone for all the nice comments. Don't recall where I got any of the autos. Everything from the original track plan was included. Also added a third staging track and a second industry track by the mill since I used a 36" door.

Jack

Attachments

• File0002.jpg
    File0002.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 818
  • File0001.jpg
    File0001.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 738
  • park.jpg
    park.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 725
  • File0003.jpg
    File0003.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 728
  • mill.jpg
    mill.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 736

ezdays

Out AZ way
Love that fishing scene.:thumb: A pity you don't know where those vehicles came from. That F150 is the exact model and color scheme that our last pickup was. I'd buy one just for that reason alone. The other reason is that it's hard to find current model vehicles in N scale. Lots of 40's and 50's stuff, some older, very few newer.:cry:

Will_annand

Nice work Jack.
You did a great job with the river, in the fishing shot.
Also the trees look very realistic, nice blend of shades.

GeorgeHO

That is absolutely a marvelous layout. I just went to the B&O museum which had wonderful layouts, but yours is as good as anything they have done. Your layout is museum grade quality, which is the most any of us can aspire to. Congratulations.