Some photos from recent ACSG shows

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by TR-Flyer, Sep 20, 2003.

1. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

Hi all:
    Thought i'd post a couple photos from our recent shows in Charlotte, NC Columbia, SC and Tidewater, Va. You scale guys won't enjoy these unless you secretly like to push buttons and operate a log loader!

The first one shows Calvin Azarowicz's Circus module.

Attached Files:

2. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

This one shows a Dad and his son mugging for our camera car. They are looking at themselves on TV. You can see the car in the previous slide. The member of our club who built this car is still working on a permanent "disguise" for it.

Attached Files:

3. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

This is one end of my four module series. That's "Louie the Loader" hard at work on the frieght platform.

Attached Files:

4. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

And this is my "Rocket" passenger train running past the other end of my modules.

Attached Files:

5. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

While I lean towards the scale side of S, I like the AF side. Fun trains to run and kid friendly. Nice modular layout. Thanks for sharing.

6. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Great layout and trains. S scale is one of the scales I don't have yet. I have repaired a lot of AF for others though. I'm not afraid to say it. I like what a lot of other people call toy trains.
  7. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

Hi again:
    Here's a couple more photos, First is of Calvin's airport and second is him winding up some tin toys on the circus. Tried to find a picture of the American Models F-3 hauling a string of S-Helper refrig and cattle cars for ya Greg but doesn't look like i have a good shot on tape.

Attached Files:

8. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

And two, The button boards let the public operate our accessories. Had 77 buttons on this 38' x 36' layout. Won first place at the show.

Attached Files:

9. Catt

Catt Guest

I'm not a tin-plate/ toytrain buff by any stretch of the imagination ,but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy pics like yours.

The only problem I have with the Lionel guys around my place is they seem to think it has to be LOUD! to be enjoyed :(
  10. pcentral

pcentral Member

Nice pictures, Ted! Next time we set up the Flyer layout I'll have to get some pics to share with you.
    Hey Catt, you would like to be by this Lionel at a show, I don't care for the sound either! Sound units are fine at home but at a show running for 6-8 hours a day, I don't think so. Besides, when you run two trains with sound at the same time it all becomes just noise.