some new HOn3 projects

Drew1125

WOW!

Beautiful modeling, Pete!
Fantastic job putting all that together!
I love that backhead detail!
When I first saw that last pic, I thought you had included a prototype photo for comparison! :eek:
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Originally posted by sumpter250
'logger,
Here's the shot of the backhead.

Thank you for the photo--absolute beauty! I expect to be at Trainfest on Saturday, Nov. 8th. Will you be exhibiting there? Maybe we could manage to shake hands. --Stu--

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
I expect to be at Trainfest on Saturday, Nov. 8th. Will you be exhibiting there? Maybe we could manage to shake hands. --Stu--
I expect to be there. Lake County Society of Modular Engineers.
Look for the vertical lift bridges, that'll be me.
Pete

Pete, your work is absolutely beautiful! The detailing on the loco is so well done, it's stunning. You are a true craftsman, and I look forward to seeing photos when you have everything finished up. :)

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
This is the last time the cab will be off, from now on the detail will only be seen through the cab windows.

Attachments

• backhead2.jpg
    backhead2.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 107

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
SHS & D 2-8-2 #5, with a fresh coat of gloss black paint, and clean white lettering, stands at the coal tower, after taking on water.

Attachments

• 2-8-2pntd.jpg
    2-8-2pntd.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 107

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Thought I'd add this here. The 2-8-2 got some track time at Trainfest today. I don't have the motor installed yet, but still was able to run it, doubleheaded with the 2-4-4-2. Had a couple of mechanical problems, that didn't take too long to fix, and then it ran for the rest of the day.
Stu, (grlakeslogger) showed up, and we had a good conversation. Stu, it was a pleasure meeting you.
Pete

Folks, that 2-8-2 looks even better in person than in the pics! In fact, Pete had several of his locomotives at Trainfest. All of them have that "right" look about them. And, the trees and bridges on his modules are also fantastic. Pete gave me the quick course on making trees while we talked.

Later in the day, he and I bumped into each other at the B.T.S. booth, so we got to take in their new and exquisite sawmill diorama together. Pete, it was great seeing you there--I hope we get to do it again.

He even had The Gauge Boxcar spotted on a spur!
--Stu--

jon-monon

Pete - would you be so kind to flash us :eek: :eek: :eek: with the backside :eek:ops: :eek:ops: :eek:ops: of that boiler?

I'm building an HOn30 0-6-0T, I have some detail parts, I can scratch build others, but I don't really have anything to work off of to make it look realistic. Maybe you have a smaller loco boiler back? It's freelanced, so I can do what I want, but I don't want it to look stupeeeeeeed.:confused:

chipmonk

Pete that is a great looking model, i didnt think that MDC kit could be made into a 2-8-2 but you certainly proved me wrong! i was just wondering were you got some of your detail parts(especially the outside drive parts) as i think i would like to try and convert a 2-8-0 to a 2-8-2.

Thanks for the insight and amazing work:thumb:
Chris

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jon,
There's two shots of the backside of the boiler. One in primer, and one with finish paint. The cab front, and floor are attached, you'll have to concentrate on just the backhead. The basics are there, throttle, injectors, firebox door, brake stand (loco, and train), valves from the manifold, etc. PM me with specific needs, I'll see if I can sketch something up for you.
Pete

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
i was just wondering were you got some of your detail parts(especially the outside drive parts)

Most of the parts source is in the thread, the outside drive parts come with the MDC kit for the outside frame 2-8-0.
Pete

I also did an inside frame 2-8-2 from a MDC inside frame 2-8-0.
PJ

jon-monon

Perfect. I had forgotten about those later posts and didn't go all the way through this time :eek:ops: :eek:ops: :eek:ops: It shows all I need to know, thanx.