Some More Interesting Stuff

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Went up to Iowa to visit family for Easter weekend and got a few interesting shots.
This first bunch is a bunch of old passenger cars and cabeese on a basicly abandoned spur in Fairfield, IA

RedCaboose001.jpg

RedCaboose002.jpg

CabooseAndCoachCar001.jpg

CabooseAndCoachCar002.jpg

BaggageCar001.jpg

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
These last two are all that remains of the abandoned P-Line going through VanBurren County, IA. I believe it was a small narrow gauge line. There used to be a museum built from one of the stations in Stockport, IA but it closed many years ago.

AbandonedPLine01.jpg

AbandonedPLine02.jpg

Jim Krause

Great photo's and some interesting cars. Looks like some individual or railroad history group is starting a collection. More info would be nice. That narrow gauge line sounds intriguing. Thanks Cannonball.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Jim Krause said:
Great photo's and some interesting cars. Looks like some individual or railroad history group is starting a collection. More info would be nice. That narrow gauge line sounds intriguing. Thanks Cannonball.
I know those cars have been sitting on that spur for the last 8 years.
I think the 3 red cabeese have been fixed up for show. They sit right off the main strip through town. I don't know about the passenger cars.

I don't know much about the old P-line railway either.
Next time I talk to my grandfather, I'll have to ask him what he remembers about it.