Some help locating some canopies In the right group

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by jyduchene, Dec 27, 2004.

1. jyduchene

jyduchene Member

Well I managed to post this in the Ship group, Think I will try the Airplane section.

I have had the good fortune to obtain three Halinski kits recently. The Mi 24 Hind, the Bf109 and the P38. I would like to obtain formed canopies for these three kits. I am aware that the Hind is out of print, and it is frankly the one most in need of a preformed canopy.

Does anyone have any idea where such could be found?
  2. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

3. lunarhighway

lunarhighway Member

Just in case you can't find them, you can also try heatforming them from scrap plastic. It might be a little more difficult because of the size of the model, but if you make a copy of the original canopie pieces you have nothing to loose. build them and fill them with something that will dry hard. onde dry you can sand the outlines smooth, and use that as a former to push trough a hole of the right shape covered with transparent plastic that you heat, with a hierdryer, untill it starts to "hang" than quickly push the former in and there you go. I recently tried this (in a small scale though) but i'm quite enthousiastic about it. after a few attempts i had a good piece. If you than apply the original paper window framing to it, it looks quite spectacular.