some help finding a Evo 4( or any evo) Bodyshell

Discussion in 'Marketplace - RC and Slot Cars' started by SpartanDRFT, Jan 9, 2007.

1. SpartanDRFT

SpartanDRFT Guest

need a hand finding a body shell does anybody even know if they exist
  2. chromecarz00

chromecarz00 Guest

3. SpartanDRFT

SpartanDRFT Guest

yeah i work with tower hobbies often they have some good stuff but so far no luck on the evo
  4. chromecarz00

chromecarz00 Guest

whats wrong with the one in the link above?
  5. SpartanDRFT

SpartanDRFT Guest

sorrychrome i was being a dee de dee and thought you had thrown me a link to towers main page ... next question... will that fit a hpi sprint 2
  6. chromecarz00

chromecarz00 Guest

um, its close...
    but not exact...
    but yeah check tower to see if its good enough. i havent bought a body for mine yet so i dont know how much difference half an inch makes...
  7. jareb

jareb Guest

Ive found some evo bodies, Not sure if their still in production though,
    Tamiya Part# 1825184 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V rally body
    # 58257 / 57706 Lancer Evo VI

I found that Tamiya did make a lancer evo IV body but its discontinued now the part number was 58199

If you cant get one of the tamiya bodies, Id just use the Hpi shell if the body is a little wider than the one that came with you car just use wheels with a higher offset. I used a staggered offset setup on my nitro car 3mm up front and 6mm in the back. I use an hpi 350z 200mm body. the 6mm offset wheels have a sick lip on them to.
    Dont feel bad about having trouble finding the body that you really want though, Ive wished for years they would make a 95 civic EX body, but thats very unlikely, they did make a hatchback version at one time though. Maybe someone at a hobby shop somewhere might still a old evo IV body collecting dust. Hope you find one you like.
  8. SpartanDRFT

SpartanDRFT Guest

thanks jareb but i think im just going to stick with the body i have for now ... but what you said bout the rims is true i have a sprint2drift that came with the offset chrome te37's