some good news

Well finally got some good news, after taking the other layout down, sniff sniff, moving the 180 gal aquarium downstairs, changing the kitchen cupboards to fit the new fridge and store, getting the farm ready for winter, the new layout tables are up and some of the ties and switches are down !!!
Finally !!! With a lot of planning I have a space that is 6 ft by 12 ft with a 2 x 8 ft hole in the center, with an area left over that if I bridge the patio door I have another 2 x 6 ft area.
The table along the back wall is only 18 inches deep with a single line and one switch, going in an "s" configeration, this will be powered by a switch machine. Doing this I do not have to get to the back very often and this allows me to have a 30 inch deep table for the front areas, this will be where the logging camp,engine facilities, and small storrage area will be. The area near the patio door holds the interchange trackage witch with a switch will lead to the patio door bridge and beyond and a small log dump of some sort.
Most of the track will be code 100, as I have lots, flex for the back and sides with handlaid in the front and interchange. Planning on using code 83, as I have some, for the interchange, logging camp area, and secondary tracks, with code 70 for the spurs. Switches are code 100 peco with one code 70 in storrage area, have to build one code 83 in the interchange as when last checked at the local hobby shop it would be $45.00 canadian (plus taxes) OUCH !!!, for the little thing. I am sure I can build it cheaper.
With the daylight disapearing quickly this leaves more evenings to work on the layout, hopefully progress will go quickly. I do not have a digital camera as yet so have taken some 35mm pics and when I get them back will try post them. Ron.