Some basic truths I learned wiring feeders

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by eve_9d9, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Right from the Docs writing cats are in fact smarter than dogs.:thumb:
  2. nkp174

nkp174 Active Member

Very nice. I might have one by the end of the holidays...Grandpa, I've got the perfect gift idea for me! Would you help me build one in your shop? :mrgreen:
  3. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

I'd reply, but the dog has advised me to not argue: he says that cat logic is an oxymoron, and that it's impossible to reason with them. :rolleyes::-D:-D

4. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

When it comes to animals Doc your at a disadvantage. While I'm not claiming to be an expert I will claim actual experience:rolleyes:.

I have 150 beef cattle, 5 goats, 15 hogs, 15 cats, 1 turtle and two dogs. I will not claim the cattle are smart but they are the most trainable. The cats work the hardest keeping the rats in check plus they and the goats love attention and actually are pretty good at keeping the calves in the pasture. Well the turtle and dogs don't do much except lay around and eat.

A special note a cat will turn tail on a skunk. A dog will force you to find new ways to get the stink out of the fur. I guess they think the skunk is a new toy just like they thought the hot iron was a bone.sign1
  5. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Dogs come when you call -- cats put you on "hold"!!
  6. eve_9d9

eve_9d9 Member

hey has anyone evertried one of those "cold heat" models, I had one for a little while, but couldnt get good results out of it........
  7. nkp174

nkp174 Active Member

Mine worked crapily. It's essentially the same thing as a resistance soldering passes current through the joint...but not enough to adequately heat it up and melt the solder. I'm sure it works for some small applications.

Today I watched as both of my cats not only avoided the hot iron...but its cord too. I was soldering temporary jumpers to my new On3 empire...75% of a loop completed...a 2-way and a 3-way stub a y. I was soldering jumpers around the time I'm going to use PC board ties on complex turnouts. The 3-way was a nightmare.
  8. dbaker48

dbaker48 Member

LOL This is great !!!!
  9. who_dat73

who_dat73 Member

when I first started MRRing I heard about this whole soldering thing so I grabbed the pipe solder out in the garage coulding figure out how to keep from melting ties and wire insulation till I went to RS and foud there was smaller solder to be had for just such applications wall1