Discussion in 'Software' started by V.I.P, Apr 12, 2009.

1. V.I.P

V.I.P out for lunch

Hi all!
    I´ve been looking around and tested a few softwares to make a creation
    so, if someone could make a sticky with softwarelinks and some info sticked to it
    I prefere freeware so please add if it´s free or trial or whatever too

I found some awsome models in sketchup and it sems fairly easy to use and here i found a plugin to, haven´t tested it yet though

that´s why I asked for a sticky so it will be easier to next searcher to find

just for info, I´m picky with details and quality on my creations so that´s why I still search for the best FREE software

(yes, some models is usable if the possibility to shange texture is avalable :twisted: )
  2. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Sketchup is a great tool if you take the time to learn it. Also, for editing 2d drawings, try out

Someone posted a thread for a plugin that can allow you to flatten a model so as to export it for print.
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I am nearly done with my how to make a simple model in Blender/GIMP - both free ;)
  4. V.I.P

V.I.P out for lunch

what I´m looking for is one program similar to sketshup but fith better folduptool than the plugin.
    a program that can handle a bit bigger files, any 3D file (or most of them)
    I´ll try blender again later when I fix my main computer, it doesn´t work well on this one i´ve missed, i´ll check it out...
  5. V.I.P

V.I.P out for lunch

anyone else have somthing to add? :confused:
  6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

No ... not really. =P

I 'tried' to use Blender but had a problem trying to understand the interface as there seems to be some kind of emphasis on the placement of one hand constantly on the keyboard and one hand constantly on the mouse. All for convenience and efficiency.

Not to say that Blender may not have what you are looking for.

Pepakura is a great program if your going to get into designing. I'm kind of puzzled as to where they are getting their on site exchange rate because $38USD does not equal $51Cdn.
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest